Specialty Dining Questions

Hi,

I’m new to Royal and have a few questions about HOTS specialty dining. I noticed with the 3 restaurant package it states you have to dine on the 1st or 2nd night. We were only interested in dining later in the week, so would the only option be to purchase the 3 restaurants individually? Also, if purchased individually, is there an on-board credit that is issued for a discount (I thought I read this somewhere, but it could have just been an outdated promotion). Also, I saw children are being charged full prices when booking, any way to remedy this? Sorry if this is repeated question, I could not locate the most recent info.

Thanks!

Edited by Islandsunrise

Hi,

I’m new to Royal and have a few questions about HOTS specialty dining. I noticed with the 3 restaurant package it states you have to dine on the 1st or 2nd night. We were only interested in dining later in the week, so would the only option be to purchase the 3 restaurants individually? Also, if purchased individually, is there an on-board credit that is issued for a discount (I thought I read this somewhere, but it could have just been an outdated promotion). Also, I saw children are being charged full prices when booking, any way to remedy this? Sorry if this is repeated question, I could not locate the most recent info.

Thanks!

If you purchase individually, there would be no discount. Children are charged full price if you book pre-cruise, then given a credit if they order off the child's menu.

If you purchase individually, there would be no discount. Children are charged full price if you book pre-cruise, then given a credit if they order off the child's menu.

Hi Bob.

In Oct of 2014 DW and I were on Allure and didn't have a dining package but when we attended our third specialty restaurant, (Chops) they (RCI) automatically reduced our bill. Never even had to ask.

Hi Bob.

In Oct of 2014 DW and I were on Allure and didn't have a dining package but when we attended our third specialty restaurant, (Chops) they (RCI) automatically reduced our bill. Never even had to ask.

I remember that package, but I don't know if it's available now. Thanks for the info.

Disembarked Oasis this morning. Had Chefs Table Dining Package for $85 pp.

I opted to begin my package 2nd night at Chefs Table. When we boarded I booked the other 2 nights, choosing 150 Park for 3rd night and Chopps for 5th night. Did MTD on 4th night and bought Giovanni's at $15pp for 1st night when we boarded. Excuse spelling as it has been a long day.

Disembarked Oasis this morning. Had Chefs Table Dining Package for $85 pp.

I opted to begin my package 2nd night at Chefs Table. When we boarded I booked the other 2 nights, choosing 150 Park for 3rd night and Chopps for 5th night. Did MTD on 4th night and bought Giovanni's at $15pp for 1st night when we boarded. Excuse spelling as it has been a long day.

How are all the restaurants? We will be on Oasis in May and I bought the 5 night package. We will start our package on night 2. Then book the rest on board. Was it hard to get the reservation times you wanted?

How are all the restaurants? We will be on Oasis in May and I bought the 5 night package. We will start our package on night 2. Then book the rest on board. Was it hard to get the reservation times you wanted?

No problem getting the times we wanted 730/8 pm. We boarded about 1230 pm and there was no one in line at Hospitality Desk when I walked up. Service was very good at all restauratns and food was good. No way does it compare to dining on Celebrity, but guess it beats MDR. We did enjoy lobster night in MTD/MDR and had a 730 reservation and were seated immediately. Not even a 1 minute wait.

We started our 3 night package on night 2 but took advantage of the $15pp first night offering. We took wine from Diamond Lounge and Vintages with us to dinner each night, except night 2 at Chef's Table. The wine pairings were ok but nothing to write home about, but food there was the best we had on the ship.

I am debating whether to buy a package for our April Brilliance cruise.

Enjoy your cruise. Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...