Booking My Time Dining ressies for party of 17

We are sailing on the Anthem this July. We have a large group, total of 17 people among 7 different cabins.

We prefer to be seated in traditional dining for the early seating, but currently half of us are assigned to my time dining due to lack of availability. Initially we debated just waiting longer to see if anything opens up. However we were recently on the Harmony, and while we were booked for traditional dining, the ship bumped us out. Thus, I'm concerned that even if we all end up getting traditional dining before the cruise that once we board that could be nullified by the ship.

How does it work to book reservations for My Time Dining? Can we book the same table and time on the cruise planner before our sailing? Can we do it and link all 7 reservation numbers?

Things will go a lot smoother if you do as clarea suggested. break it into smaller groups and just ask to be seated close to each other. i didn't do the reservations but i've been part of groups of 15-20ish and the reservations were able to be linked online for MTD. You just need to go to the MTD desk as soon as you board to make sure your preferences have been accurately recorded.

So to confirm: prior to the cruise, we could book a table for 9 for the same time everything night in MTD online, and do a separate reservation for a table of 8 for the same time. Then once we board we can go to the MTD desk and request for those two tables to be close to each other ?

So to confirm: prior to the cruise, we could book a table for 9 for the same time everything night in MTD online, and do a separate reservation for a table of 8 for the same time. Then once we board we can go to the MTD desk and request for those two tables to be close to each other ?

No guarantee it will work, but that's the approach I would take.

In order to do this on line, you would need reservations # of each couple but if any or all of those reservations are a Group booking then you won't be able to add the other reservations. i think it would be simpler as Bob said, to go to the dining as soon as you board to let them know you wish a couple tables of 10 or 3 smaller ones which ever they are able to do for you. I wanted to add two other couples but I wasn't able to with one couple and didn't have the Reservation # of the other so went to dining and let them know I wished to add two other couples and they provided their names and room # and we were all set.

Edited by Desert Cruizers