Handicap Accessible Sky Suites on Silhouette Noisy?

actuarian

The four handicap accessible Sky Suites on the Silhouette are on the Resort Deck right under the Oceanview Cafe. My wife requires an accessible room so I booked one of these (2132) for our cruise in January. This will be our first cruise in S-class since my wife has required a wheelchair; we usually cruise in M-class because the accessible suites are in what appear to be better locations. Does anyone have experience with these rooms and know whether noise from above is likely to be an issue?

Edited by actuarian

Hi!

We haven'nt cruised in that specific accessible Sky Suite but did in a "regular" S2 very nearby. It was very noisy starting in the middle of the night; a lot of carts were rolling (breakfast was being prepared) right above us and make it difficult to have a good night sleep. It appears that some areas are worst than other ones

We would never booked a suite guarantee simply to avoid receiving a stateroom assignment right under the Oceanview Cafe.

You might not have the choice but if it is possible try to switch to a better location. If not, bring some earplugs: it might help...

In looking at the S-Class cabin sticky thread, there are several reviews of Handicap S2 suites in similar locations on all S-class ships, most comment on "food cart" noise from the Oceanview Café above at early am hours, if not at most times of day.

Some people are sensitive to noise, some are not.....

Almost all S2 suites are on deck 12 of S-class ships, so they are right below Oceanview Café, with the possibility of chair noise or cart noise as they are being moved at any hour of the day. There are some S1 aft corner suites and S2 aft suites on lower decks to avoid this noise ( but these book quickly)( and NONE of them are handicap assessable on these lower decks).

I agree with oceanplus, bring some foam in-ear plugs...