Shower seat on Carnival

Boozebabe

Has anyone had any luck getting a shower seat that actually fits inside a tub on a Carnival ship? Last cruise they brought me a very nice shower seat but it is obviously only good for a shower and not a tub. The legs were angle too far out for it to fit IN the tub.

I am thinking of bringing a small aluminum frame with a plastic seat to use. It will fit in my luggage but I'd rather not take up the space.

Has anyone had any luck getting a shower seat that actually fits inside a tub on a Carnival ship? Last cruise they brought me a very nice shower seat but it is obviously only good for a shower and not a tub. The legs were angle too far out for it to fit IN the tub.

I am thinking of bringing a small aluminum frame with a plastic seat to use. It will fit in my luggage but I'd rather not take up the space.

Generally speaking the shower seats provided on cruise ships are really not suitable for use in bath tubs due to the interior curved walls of the tub. Most bath tubs actually require a tub transfer bench ( half goes inside tub and the other over the tub edge onto the bathroom floor) which the cruise lines generally don't provide. Therefore even bringing your own is not a guarantee that it will fit but definitely worth a try. Sometimes it comes down to using the correct terminology. Therefore it's worth a try calling Carnival's Access Dept. to see if a Tub Transfer Bench could be provided and not a shower seat.

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 1 month later...

For anyones interest in this subject I now have first hand experience. I took a small stool that fit perfectly inside our tub in a suite room. I don't remember where I bought it but it still had the $7.00 price tag on it. I've had it a couple years. It has metal legs and a plastic seat and folded flat and fit perfectly in my large piece of luggage. It is about toilet height. That seat along with the safety rails allowed me to have a safe shower.