NCL Dawn in Roatan

300dtc

I have noticed that the Dawn used tenders on at least a few trips ...we are trying to do a fun and sun tour with Victor Bodden...has anyone done this tour? And if so did it give you enough time to return to the ship if tenders leave at 5 pm...

It's a little confusing, because not sure if they tender every time, or if only in some cases...thank you in advance...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

NCL alternates tendering with it's ships in Coxen Hole. If two or more NCL ships are there on same day they alternate "who" gets to dock versus tender. You can email Victor and he can usually tell you how it is listed as of right now. Things change... but he was able to tell us that our March 15 Dawn stop in Roatan is listed to port in dock and not as tender. WOOHOO! He shows our March 15 Dawn as the only NCL that day so we should be good to dock not tender. You might email and ask on your date?

Where did you find info about which ships would be there on the same day?

Victor Bodden told me when I emailed him. He said his port list showed only the DAWN in coxen hole that day so we should not be tendering. Dawn supposedly only tenders if another NCL ship is in coxen hole because they alternate since only 1 NCL ship at a time can dock in coxen.

Carnival and maybe RC dock in Mahogany not Coxen Hole. I do think there is a cruise port site online you can see which ships are scheduled by port but I will need to look it up. :)

Where did you find info about which ships would be there on the same day?

I found it:

Cruisetimetable.com

It allows you to pick the port of call then search by date and shows you ALL company cruises scheduled to port in that day. :). Looks like Victor is right, only DAWN and Costa in port that day we are there and Costa ports at Mahogany, so no tender for us! YEAH!

I have noticed that the Dawn used tenders on at least a few trips ...we are trying to do a fun and sun tour with Victor Bodden...has anyone done this tour? And if so did it give you enough time to return to the ship if tenders leave at 5 pm...

It's a little confusing, because not sure if they tender every time, or if only in some cases...thank you in advance...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Dawn alternates tender weeks with other NCL ships so you need to look and see if the other NCL ship is in port that same day. Use cruisetimetable.com to look up your port and date. :). You can email Victor and he can likely tell you how its scheduled because they keep up with it to know when/where to pick up. :)