NYC - Michelangelo Hotel

Indyjaybird

Anyone ever stayed there? We are planning on staying one night pre and one night post cruise in March 2006 and my husband found this one for $240 a night on Travelocity. NCL only offers the Holiday Inn Midtown for $300 a night, though you can get it for about $190 a night on the travel websites. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! The reviews have all seemed really excellent, just wondered if anyone on the boards had stayed there or had thoughts on its location for some quick sight-seeing. It also is supposed to have an Italian style breakfast included which made the price a little more attractive if it is any good.

I stayed there and loved it. We had tickets to Mamma Mia only had to walk across the street. After the show, we were in our room looking out the window watching the last of the show crowd leave the theater. It's definately one of the better downtown hotels. The breakfast was a continental affair served in the downstairs lobby. The rooms are hugh and the bathrooms are fantastic.

Indyjaybird,

I've heard good things about the Michaelangelo from people who have stayed there and it seems like you've gotten an excellent price too.

The location is excellent and you'll be within close walking distance to many things here, such as Rockefeller Center, Sak's, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, Broadway Theatres and Radio City Music Hall.

Enjoy!

Jane

Thank you Jane! I've been to New York State but never to New York City so we are really looking forward to it. After reading your message, I think we are going to stay there both before and after the cruise. We thought about trying two different hotels, but this looks like the best value! If you ever have to come to Indianapolis (ha, ha) just yell and maybe we can repay the favor!

Thanks to you, YogiDog, as well! I keep waiting for someone to pop up with a horror story, but none so far! My husband will be thrilled with everyone's notes. Our cruise is 'just' four months away and we are looking forward to the NYC sightseeing almost as much as the cruise!

Archived