Disappointed with customer service

msublonde1

This. I go on vacation, especially cruises, to GET AWAY from wifi. So tired of our connected society. Relax. Enjoy your vacation.

You literally vacation to get away from internet? That's an odd reason to vacation. Did you vacation 20+ years ago then?

You're tired of communicating with friends and family? Maybe a new set of friends is in order if they cause you that much stress?

On our recent cruise I alternated between readings a mystery from the library and chatting with friends and trying to help cc people out. So j was involved in made up people and real people. I also chatted with real people on the ship. I see nothing wrong with any of it.

It also enabled us to keep up with my son, who we thought while be in the teen club the whole time.

On our previous cruise we had to get Internet because we had put an offer down on a house and were knee deep in inspections and payments and providing more info lol.

If I hated my home life so much I didn't want to deal with the people while cruising, I'd re-evaluate my situation at home.

Same! :) Stay off the Wifi totally and put my phone in the safe. Only look at it once per day to see if I've got any text messages just before going to bed.

Lovely to be 'disconnected' for a period of time

Sometimes that isn't possible; we normally disconnect while on cruises, but my husband is currently going through the paperwork for a promotion to a different office. If important emails come in and he doesn't respond quickly enough we could lose out on some of the moving cost reimbursements, or even the promotion as a whole if he doesn't see and respond to the emails within a specified time.

As for the original post, for us $220 per person would be cheap enough to want the upgrade, even with having to pay for internet separately.

You literally vacation to get away from internet? That's an odd reason to vacation. Did you vacation 20+ years ago then?

You're tired of communicating with friends and family? Maybe a new set of friends is in order if they cause you that much stress?

On our recent cruise I alternated between readings a mystery from the library and chatting with friends and trying to help cc people out. So j was involved in made up people and real people. I also chatted with real people on the ship. I see nothing wrong with any of it.

It also enabled us to keep up with my son, who we thought while be in the teen club the whole time.

On our previous cruise we had to get Internet because we had put an offer down on a house and were knee deep in inspections and payments and providing more info lol.

If I hated my home life so much I didn't want to deal with the people while cruising, I'd re-evaluate my situation at home.

That just means my cruises are more relaxing than yours. You're the one I see all over the place that just can't put their *** damn phone down. What a life! :rolleyes:

If you read what the OP was offered (changing back to the old deal with the JS) it is more than obvious that Resolutions was involved already, as only they could have offered that.

Thanks. However I was trained/educated never to assume. Since it was not so stated, my response was reasonable

Sometimes that isn't possible; we normally disconnect while on cruises, but my husband is currently going through the paperwork for a promotion to a different office. If important emails come in and he doesn't respond quickly enough we could lose out on some of the moving cost reimbursements, or even the promotion as a whole if he doesn't see and respond to the emails within a specified time.

As for the original post, for us $220 per person would be cheap enough to want the upgrade, even with having to pay for internet separately.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's plenty of people that use the wifi for Business, family emergency etc.

Thankfully I've never had that scenario (and I'm not that high enough up the food chain to need it for business :D )

I just stay off it totally and relax

Each to their own however