Princess sign up for kids program

rnff2

I booked my 11yr old DS in a cabin with a good friend who is joining us on our cruise (mom and dad get their own cabin this way;)). I would like to pre-register my DS for the kids program because it is a spring break cruise and I want to make sure he gets a spot. When I went into the booking it lists my friend as being his legal guardian. I called my TA to see if I can get this changed and she called Princess and they said it cannot be changed now that we can try to change it after final payment and/or worst case we change it when we get on the ship. My TA told me to go ahead and sign him up to make sure he gets a place in the kids program. I am a little hesitant to do this. I guess if I do it now I get his spot reserved I can always sign a new form once on the ship.

Have any of you ever encountered this???

As far as I concerned it is a technicality. I always fill out the information as myself being the guardian then we get on board if they ask I will happily show them the proper documentation. When you fill in the on line registration it "assumes" you are either the parent or legal guardian.

Just fill it in as if your friend IS the guardian then when you get on board clarify it if necessary. I have never ever been asked.

I am not legally my grandchildren's guardians but when we are traveling I do have the legal documents as the guardian. No one, and I mean no one, especially that computer asking the question will know.

Thank you. It seems strange to me that they can't change it. He was originally booked in our cabin and of course we were his guardians when we moved him across the hall he suddenly became my friends child. Lol. I will just sign him up and go from there.

Sent from my D6708 using Forums mobile app