Galveston fogged in

fdthird

Fog happens a lot this time of year. Fronts pass through and temps move up and down by tens of degrees between days. :(

I strongly suggest if you are traveling over the next few months out of Galveston, you insure the cruise line can text your phone with updates. If there is a delay, do not head to port until the passengers arriving late have disembarked.

Keep track of weather forecasts. Fog is based on temperature and dew point.

Finally, check the Galveston cams to see how bad the fog is as well as ship location on marinetrack dot com.

Best option? Bring a positive attitude. Getting frustrated does not seem to change circumstances for me. But a positive attitude does help regardless of circumstances!

What really sucks about the fog is if you are on the ship and ship cannot get to international waters then you very limited on what you can drink because of the stupid Texas laws. I like leaving from Texas but its a stupid law

Stupid law is right but I remember in 1980 they had the blue law, you could buy nails but not a hammer, you could buy cloth diapers but not disposable ones, they would block different aisles in the grocery store, now that was really dumb.

Stupid law is right but I remember in 1980 they had the blue law, you could buy nails but not a hammer, you could buy cloth diapers but not disposable ones, they would block different aisles in the grocery store, now that was really dumb.

I moved here in 1982 and you could not even buy a drink in most of the suburbs of Dallas, that all has changed

Also remember that booze you buy to bring back may be duty free but you will pay texas fee to bring in.

I normally walk right by the desk that collects Texas taxes, they did not even ask if I had anything on last cruise, ( yes we had a collections of unicards and private club cards)