Things to do near the pier

wenocancer2

There hasn't been any recent posts about this, I'm wondering if there shops or beaches or anything within walking distance from pier. I don't plan on doing an excursion here and am just wondering if a free "walk" or short taxi ride from the ship will be entertainment enough.

• 3 weeks later...
There hasn't been any recent posts about this, I'm wondering if there shops or beaches or anything within walking distance from pier. I don't plan on doing an excursion here and am just wondering if a free "walk" or short taxi ride from the ship will be entertainment enough.

If you just want to do a half hour to 1 hour walk, the boardwalk around the bay is nice. Walk into town from the pier and turn right at the first street. When you get down to the bay there is a paved sidewalk about 7-8 feet wide that curves around the bay, but not all the way to the ships docked on the other side of the bay (if there are any, CCL uses that dock). On the land side of the walk there are parts that aren't pretty, some run down shacks, other better ones, but we didn't feel unsafe, lots of traffic.

There is also a good sized park inland from the pier about 3 blocks, nice to stroll around, old church on one side, benches in the shade.