Shore excursion in Nassau

My family and I will be cruising on the Majesty in June 30, 2017. This is my daughter's first cruise (22 years old), and my husband and my first cruise in 23 years. Just wondering if anyone can suggest a shore excursion while we are in Nassau. I see a dolphin experience at Atlantis but it is nearly $300 per person. That's a little steep for our budget lol. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree the excursions involving Atlantis are over priced. IMO, too many of Royal's official excursions in Nassau involve Atlantis. They do diving, snorkeling excursions through Stuart Cove's that include something like this -

bob4.jpg

This one may not be offered through the ship, but Stuart's does offer it privately. If you're worried about private, Stuart does work with Royal on some excursions and they are excellent at getting you to and from the ship on time.

Edited by BillOh

Last time we were there, my wife and I did the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break. There is a ferry that takes you from the port to Blue Lagoon, so an opportunity for some sight seeing along the way. The Blue Lagoon Island has lots of different options for activities including inflatables and other water sport type things. There is a dolphin center there as well, though I think that is a separate excursion to see that. But the beach itself is great. It was very quiet and relaxing, and a couple of different beach areas to choose from, but lots of options depending on the activity level sought by everyone. Came with tickets for lunch and the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed this excursion and would do it again.

Edited by GrayMaineCruiser

Last time we were there, my wife and I did the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break. There is a ferry that takes you from the port to Blue Lagoon where they also have the Dolphin center as well as inflatables and other water activities. But the beach itself is great. It was very quiet and relaxing, but lots of options depending on the activity level sought by everyone. Came with tickets for lunch and the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed this excursion and would do it again.

I did this one back in 2006, glad to hear they still offer it.

Thanks. Definitely looking into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another excursion I did that was originally offered by Royal, but I also did it privately was a Segway tour. If you have never used a Segway it was fun. To find it now you have to google NASSAU SEGWAY TOUR.

There is an ATV tour with beach access, that carnival offers but i found the place that does it, it is clifton heritage park and it is about $115 with transportation included. They don't have it for my cruise next week and it seems like it would be the most fun.

There is also a cool snorkeling tour from Stuarts Cove that does 3 stops including one with reef sharks.

Last, a very popular choice and something I am doing next week is getting a day pass from one of the resorts that includes access to the pools/hot tubs/ beaches/ and some are even all inclusive alcohol and food.

I am doing a day pass from breezes for $80, all inclusive and includes nonmotorized water sports such as kayaks and wind sailing, pools, beach access, food, drinks.

Check the port of calls, bahamas forum!

Last time we were there, my wife and I did the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break. There is a ferry that takes you from the port to Blue Lagoon, so an opportunity for some sight seeing along the way. The Blue Lagoon Island has lots of different options for activities including inflatables and other water sport type things. There is a dolphin center there as well, though I think that is a separate excursion to see that. But the beach itself is great. It was very quiet and relaxing, and a couple of different beach areas to choose from, but lots of options depending on the activity level sought by everyone. Came with tickets for lunch and the food was pretty good. We really enjoyed this excursion and would do it again.

We also enjoyed the Blue Lagoon Deluxe Beach Break and would not hesitate to do it again! :D

ssb, that's about the only thing we enjoy doing in Nassau, other than enjoying an empty ship. The food, or prices, at those restaurants can't be beat. Ceviche can't get any fresher when the guy pulls the conch out of the water right in front of you!! Yummm.