Cheapo dad's trip report on Freedom of the Seas

harryfat1

The show is called Freedom ice.com. Don’t bother trying to find that URL. It doesn’t exist. Some anal person already looked for it online and it doesn’t exist.

Here’s a test to see how anal you are – if you are tempted to double check the claim or proof me wrong, add 1 to your anal scale. Add 2 to your scale if you are giddy in finding a valid link and can’t wait to post the result on CC to show you have the correct answer…

+2 for me bwaaaa haaaaa

The correct URL is http://www.freedom-ice.com Currently under construction and has been for years. Possibly since the domain was purchased.

It's owned by https://www.bietakproductions.com/ice-shows/

They are the production company that produces and payrolls the talent for the ice show. I'm sure there is some legal reason from RCI why they can't advertise on Freedom-Ice.com.

But there you go, a little tidbit for you.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program......

-Sean

Edited by wilmingtech

+2 for me bwaaaa haaaaa

The correct URL is http://www.freedom-ice.com Currently under construction and has been for years. Possibly since the domain was purchased.

It's owned by https://www.bietakproductions.com/ice-shows/

They are the production company that produces and payrolls the talent for the ice show. I'm sure there is some legal reason from RCI why they can't advertise on Freedom-Ice.com.

But there you go, a little tidbit for you.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program......

-Sean

And you get the bonus anal point if you noticed that they misspelled Freedom ice on the web page

The ice show appears to be very similar to my memory from 2007.

The details are great. I love the analogy of visiting an uncle in prison to shopping.

I really like the placement of the tree on Independence as opposed to where it was on your cruise. I am trying to attach a picture but have never done this from my phone before

025f497ff24ac5ad56e8f1a9f118ea41.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

The ice show appears to be very similar to my memory from 2007.

The details are great. I love the analogy of visiting an uncle in prison to shopping.

I really like the placement of the tree on Independence as opposed to where it was on your cruise. I am trying to attach a picture but have never done this from my phone before

025f497ff24ac5ad56e8f1a9f118ea41.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

In my old Allure report, I equated shopping – visiting uncle in prison. Ship based photo taking – crazy aunt locked up in basement.

I’m surprised RCI hasn’t tried to promote the obstructed PR cabins on Freedom as a “Holiday Suite” similar to Ben & Jerry’s Suite..

This segment is hard to explain in pictures. The key is she is a quick change artist in that she can go inside the cover and come out in just few seconds. Have to see it in person to appreciate it.

Starts with this

32018574172_1fe393c005_b.jpg

32048785651_311a68d191_b.jpg

31325588254_2578749582_b.jpg

Ends with this

32018442652_0e80c42a5f_b.jpg

I believe this is where it is. The terrace levels on either side here.

31966666832_ee104a9e0e_b.jpg

No, unfortunately the reserved seating for suite guests on the Freedom is indeed above the Sky Bar and not where the stadium or terrace seating is on either side.

Loving your review so far! We're heading out on Freedom in a couple weeks -- can you confirm that there's still no prime rib, duck or lamb chops in MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

Thanks following along.

We only ate at the MDR for 5 nights. One night we ate at the WJ as we came back late from the tour so I can’t speak for offering on every night at MDR. Maybe others that were on our roll call can chime in. But I can safely say of the 5 nights we were in the MDR, there were no offerings of prime ribs/ducks or lamb chops.

Also worth mentioning is what you see on the big iPad screen by all the staircases where they show you the dinner menu for MDR that night, on couple nights those electronic menus still was the previous version o fthe menu.

For example, couple nights they would show shrimp cocktail or escargot on the electronic board but not in the paper menu. No big deal to me but my younger one only likes shrimp cocktail and we would always order it for him regardless it’s on the paper menu or not. They will always have that.

Guess that will be your assignment to take pictures of every electronic menu and then take pictures of the paper menu and come back to let us know if indeed they are exactly the same…:p

After the show, a quick stop to café Promenade to get something to drink and a snack to bring back to the cabin.

32019432342_6f571ec100_b.jpg

32019404322_0bbc77e563_b.jpg

The boys saw Puss in the Boots wandering round RP and had their first picture taken with the DreamWorks character.

32049563631_9b892076de_b.jpg

After the show, a quick stop to café Promenade to get something to drink and a snack to bring back to the cabin.

32019432342_6f571ec100_b.jpg

32019404322_0bbc77e563_b.jpg

The boys saw Puss in the Boots wandering round RP and had their first picture taken with the DreamWorks character.

32049563631_9b892076de_b.jpg

Cheesecake on a stick I hope :p

Loving your review so far! We're heading out on Freedom in a couple weeks -- can you confirm that there's still no prime rib, duck or lamb chops in MDR?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the 8 day sailing of the Freedom in Nov and I can confirm the cut backs, on lobster night they were the small warm water variety, also the best cut of beef that was served was sirloin.

Oh! Nice surprise; there is written "vapaus" on the curtain which means freedom in Finnish!

Hey, that’s great. I was too lazy to look up online what that word meant. Or was too anal in trying to see if the Freedom ice web site is legit..:p

So who knows, maybe they might be able to find someone who speaks Finnish to upsell you the drinks packages after all. Just keep saying “Vapaus” everytime you see a sales person…:)

Good Sunday morning to all from the west coast or wet coast as it’s raining outside right now. We don’t get much rain in CA (been in multi-year drought) so it’s always a happy day to have rain out here.

I’ll just keep plugging away at my snail pace to get through this trip report.

Later on, my wife’s friend and family came over to our cabin to check out our PR view and stayed and chatted on their impression of RCI so far and discuss the tours we will be going on the next 3 days. So we just chilled in the cabin talking the rest of the afternoon.

After they left, we showered and got dressed for formal night. We all had ties and suits on in case any fashion police out there wants to check up on us to make sure we have the appropriate for MDR dining. Wonder if anyone from CC ever stood in front of MDR next to the dining room staff to assist them in picking out the inappropriately dressed people on formal nights?

“Hey, you, in flip flops. Are you blind? Can’t you read the rules that said flip flops are not allowed for dinner? Lunch time only. I don’t care if you don’t read English and only understand Finnish or Hebrew…”

We attended the pre-dinner show with the Broadway show theme. It was OK. Nothing great but not bad either. Will blend into old man’s memory along with all the other ships' Broadway related performances as time goes on. Obviously not as memorable as a water show on the Oasis class ships.

Right outside of the theater, we saw King Julien and had a family picture taken with him.

32132667706_a754c504d7_b.jpg

The dude is working the crowd at the theater

32022483422_8768aac289_b.jpg

Edited by harryfat1