whats my chances with getting a upsell from haven aft penthouse

bklynfinest77

im wondering what would be my chances of getting a upsell from a haven aft penthouse to a 2 bedroom or a owner suite .. and what would be the price range

Right now a 2 bedrrom is only 200pp more which i can do now but i really hate the smaller balcony .. but if they offer it to me for a much lower price i will take it ... now a own suite i would love put doubt the price will drop lower enough for me to take it ... OR WOULD IT????

Or do they even upsell haven aft penthouses?

I mean.....how much less are you hoping for? $200pp is negligible.

Yes, they do offer upsells from one haven suite to a higher suite. What the price will be will depend on the ship, number of suites available, and other various factors.

Personally I would keep the aft suite unless a DOS was what you consider affordable because of the balcony size

I like my aft penthouse especially cause of the balcony... but hubby really like the bathroom and separate living room in the two bedroom I hate the balcony in the 2 bedroom plus it only me and hubby ... I guess if it was 100pp I will do it for hubby but refuse to pay the full price I know that sounds crazy .... now for a owner suite I can do 250pp if they offer it but doubt that very much but one could wish though right ..lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

As much as I loved the bathroom in the Haven, we so missed our wonderful large aft facing balcony on the Jewel Class, so much so that even if they offered at a very good price to upsell I know we would not even consider it :o We are looking forward to returning to deck 10 aft on the Dawn in March.

I like my aft penthouse especially cause of the balcony... but hubby really like the bathroom and separate living room in the two bedroom I hate the balcony in the 2 bedroom plus it only me and hubby ... I guess if it was 100pp I will do it for hubby but refuse to pay the full price I know that sounds crazy .... now for a owner suite I can do 250pp if they offer it but doubt that very much but one could wish though right ..lol

Considering you paid retail for a Haven suite, yes, its a little ridiculous that your husband is unwilling to pay the "retail" upgrade price of $200 per person. That's peanuts compared to what you've already paid.

I would expect the Owner's Suite will be significantly more than $250pp. Its not an exact estimate, but a rough rule of thumb appears to be 50% of the retail price to upsell.

For just the two of you, no way I would do a 2-BR, regardless of the price. Yes, the living room is nice, but its unnecessary and you have a terrible balcony to boot. It looks like there are several DOS available on your sailing. The closer you get to sailing date, the less it will be to upsell. But I don't think they'll take $250pp, even though you already have paid retail Haven prices. Start calling 30 days before you sail and see what they say.

Considering you paid retail for a Haven suite, yes, its a little ridiculous that your husband is unwilling to pay the "retail" upgrade price of $200 per person. That's peanuts compared to what you've already paid.

I would expect the Owner's Suite will be significantly more than $250pp. Its not an exact estimate, but a rough rule of thumb appears to be 50% of the retail price to upsell.

For just the two of you, no way I would do a 2-BR, regardless of the price. Yes, the living room is nice, but its unnecessary and you have a terrible balcony to boot. It looks like there are several DOS available on your sailing. The closer you get to sailing date, the less it will be to upsell. But I don't think they'll take $250pp, even though you already have paid retail Haven prices. Start calling 30 days before you sail and see what they say.

My hubby would so pay it .. he like "it your decision .. I just like the 2 separate room"(in his voice ..lol) ... I just don't want to pay more to lose my balcony .. if that make sense ... but I'll will definitely call upsell once the date get closers for the DOS

If I can get a upsell for 500 to a DOS ... I will be so happy best anniversary gift ever.. I'll keep my figure cross but I know it wishful thinking ... BTW I just checked to see what left and my aft penthouse is sold out and there still 8 2 bedrooms and 7 DOS...

If I can get a upsell for 500 to a DOS ... I will be so happy best anniversary gift ever.. I'll keep my figure cross but I know it wishful thinking ... BTW I just checked to see what left and my aft penthouse is sold out and there still 8 2 bedrooms and 7 DOS...

FWIW, I upsold from a courtyard penthouse (H5) to a DOS on my Sept sailing on the Breakaway. I realize that your ship is designed with several more DOS than was the Breakaway (we only had 2), but my upgrade price from an H5 to the H2 was $1100 pp. I was gun shy for sure to pull the trigger, but in the end it was worth it for us.