Cambria Hotel

Moz

DOH! Never mind...I didn't see Miami/Blue Lagoon in your post.

Are you asking about the Cambria Suites in Dania Beach?

If so, the Oakwood Plaza Mall is just on the other side of I-95. It is walk-able, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it because I-95 and Stirling Road is a very high traffic intersection. I think the hotel will shuttle you there. In Oakwood you will find plenty of restaurants, a K-Mart with a good selection of popular wines as well as you last minute needs. Right next to K-Mart is a BJ's Wholesale Club where you don't need a membership to buy alcohol.

Right across Stirling Road is Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine which is a local chain of restaurants owned and managed by a Cuban Family that came to South Florida in the Mariel Boatlift and fulfilled the American Dream.

http://www.lasvegascubancuisine.com/

Edited by Lido_Deck

Cambria Suites in Dania Beach is perfect for a 1 night stay. As long as you're not going out for dinner, as it would require a car or taxi. Except for Oakwood Plaza, there is absolutely nothing to do in the area.

But the hotel itself is a true gem.

I've stayed there for the last 4 years before a cruise. The second year, the shuttle driver remembered me and every time I go to Cambria, we end up chatting.

My last stay was a little less pleasant due to poor housekeeping, but this was quickly resolved by the Front Desk. They even went above and beyond to compensate (which I did not expected)

I have to agree with Lido_Deck, the Cuban Mexico a few yards down the road is a must.

The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport (you can call the free of charge at the arrivals level through the tourist phones near the bag carrousel) and a shuttle to and from the cruise port for $10 per person.

Would I pick this hotel for more than 2 nights? No, unless you have a car.

But it most certainly is a perfect place for a pre-cruise stay if you want to be close to both the airport and cruise terminal.

Cambria Suites in Dania Beach is perfect for a 1 night stay. As long as you're not going out for dinner, as it would require a car or taxi. Except for Oakwood Plaza, there is absolutely nothing to do in the area.

But the hotel itself is a true gem.

I've stayed there for the last 4 years before a cruise. The second year, the shuttle driver remembered me and every time I go to Cambria, we end up chatting.

My last stay was a little less pleasant due to poor housekeeping, but this was quickly resolved by the Front Desk. They even went above and beyond to compensate (which I did not expected)

I have to agree with Lido_Deck, the Cuban Mexico a few yards down the road is a must.

The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport (you can call the free of charge at the arrivals level through the tourist phones near the bag carrousel) and a shuttle to and from the cruise port for $10 per person.

Would I pick this hotel for more than 2 nights? No, unless you have a car.

But it most certainly is a perfect place for a pre-cruise stay if you want to be close to both the airport and cruise terminal.

OP is staying in Miami, not Dania.

Sent from my iPad using Forums