Toulon port on the Riviera

spuds

I am just planning some of our DIY shore excursions for our cruise next year (in August) One of our ports is Toulon, France. I read that there are now 2 ports there, one for larger ships (in La Seyne sur Mer) and one close to Toulon. Does anyone know where the Riviera might dock for this port - ?? From the itinerary it looks like we are tendering in.

Thanks!

I am just planning some of our DIY shore excursions for our cruise next year (in August) One of our ports is Toulon, France. I read that there are now 2 ports there, one for larger ships (in La Seyne sur Mer) and one close to Toulon. Does anyone know where the Riviera might dock for this port - ?? From the itinerary it looks like we are tendering in.

Thanks!

b_025822.jpg

That anchor symbol in your Itinerary does mean that you'll be tendering in Toulon.

view_of_toulon__france.jpg

It's a French Naval Base, but the harbor isn't a large one. It won't make much difference where your tender lands....

Was there last month, on another cruise. A very pleasant surprise, expecting an industrial naval base, instead found a very clean friendly and safe place, not to mention scenic. We took an excursion to the smaller port side, walkable and nice, and an excursion to the countryside of Provence for wine, olives, and nougat on a hilltop castle-like place...Enjoy tender or not!

Thank you both for your input. I was just wondering if we would be docking closer to Toulon (and I assume tendering in)... or at La Seyne sur Mer which I understand can be 20-30 minutes away from Toulon either by boat (across the harbour) or bus.

We are considering renting a car and driving to Aix en Provence and possibly a winery (or two) so wondering what the best car rental location might be based on where we are docked.