Formal Nights on Jade

island visitor

We will be sailing on the Jade in January and will be our first cruise on NCL. On formal nights in the dining rooms do most of the gentleman wear a jacket? Was wondering if a dress shirt and tie would be ok?

There are no formal nights on Norwegian. There will be a dress up or not night, and you will see all levels of dress. There are rules for Le Bistro - no shorts - but that's about it.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There are no formal nights on Norwegian. There will be a dress up or not night, and you will see all levels of dress. There are rules for Le Bistro - no shorts - but that's about it.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No formal nights? I am both shocked and thrilled! So on the night that is dress up or not night, will there be a different type of menu offering lobster like the formal nights on other cruise lines?

Thanks!

No formal nights? I am both shocked and thrilled! So on the night that is dress up or not night, will there be a different type of menu offering lobster like the formal nights on other cruise lines?

No difference in menu that I can remember. Mostly on the "dress up or not" or "Norwegian's Night Out" nights the only difference is that you often see the Master (captain) in the atrium to pose for pictures with families.

My take on it is less than 10% of the people truly dress up and try to act like they are on Downton Abbey. Leave the tux, suit, sport coat and tie at home. You are on vacation.

Thanks!

No special menu on Norwegians Night Out, the "dress up or not" night.

NCL removed complimentary lobster from MDR quite awhile ago and removed lobster from Specialty restaurant menus several months ago. The only lobster has a charge for it in MDR.

Thanks for all your responses. Our formal clothes will not be tagging along on this cruise. [emoji3]

Welcome to cruising 2017!

It is much easier. And you choose what makes you happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No special menu on Norwegians Night Out, the "dress up or not" night.

NCL removed complimentary lobster from MDR quite awhile ago and removed lobster from Specialty restaurant menus several months ago. The only lobster has a charge for it in MDR.

Hi, lobster is no longer available at Le bistro or Cagney?

Also what is the charge in the MDR?

Thanks

Hi, lobster is no longer available at Le bistro or Cagney?

Also what is the charge in the MDR?

Thanks

Lobster is no longer available in Le Bistro or Cagneys.

I think the upcharge in MDR is $24.99 and I think that is now for two lobster tails, not an entire lobster. I'm not sure it's on the menu every night.

I remember on my first "FREE STYLE" NCL cruise, back in about 2002. 10 day Hawaii on Norwegian Wind. It was the first time I travelled without a tie.

The first night we got well acquainted with the CD at one of the bars. So the next day comes the invitation to the Captains table for dinner the next night. UGGG, no tie. The CD loaned me one of his, it was hideous. I still have the tie I bought in the ship shops.