Karaoke on Conquest Minimum Age

texas greeneyes

I do not know of any minimum age for Karaoke...

It is held in the Degas Lounge at the rear of the ship.

One nice thing...Degas is a non-smoking lounge so singers do not have to battle cigarette smoke in there...

Mouna is great and really gets people involved.

I sang every night and we had all sorts of people, but I do not remember any teens being there, but I dont know of any reason they could not.

On the first night, go down and ask Mouna.

She is a lot of fun, and has problems with some of the names of states, like Mississizzippi, Okaloma, and Alabamba...

Tell here Jimmy from Alabamba says hello...

Have fun and sing your heart out...

JB

of the 11 ships we have been on. The last 4 cruises have announced that karaoke was for 16 years old and older because the kids have their own karaoke at Camp Carnival. And this keeps 7 year olds from getting up and singing Mary Had a Little Lamp every 5 minutes.

Again, this is totally at the direction of the karaoke host. Max (on the Sensation ) had a strict 16 years old or older rule. On the Paradise, it was advertised as "adult" karaoke but we were invaded by 30 kids (under the age of 7 - where were their parents???) and a karaoke host that did not know how to say no. It ruined adult karaoke for that cruise. The kids literally surrounded the karaoke host and no one could get a book or get to the host ot sign up. They were constantly screaming and running wild and spilling their chocolate milkshakes on the book that holds all the cds. The adults eventually left. Since karaoke is one reason I cruise ( a safe place to sing) I was very disappointed and decided that if Carnival advertised "adult" karaoke on cruises I was on then I would make sure it was adult.

On the Spirit, Emme was new to the job and I helped her solve this problem. The adults signed up on the sign up sheet and any kids were put on the back of the sheet. If she ran out of adult singers, she would put in the kids. And she would pepper one kid after every 5th adult singing, if lots of adults were singing. Kids ( we are talking 7 years old and younger) were not allowed to hog the books or the host. It worked out really well.

If yours is 16, they are considered an adult for this activity.

When we were on the Conquest in February, members of our group had a 15 and 16 YO girls and they were able to go to karaoke but had to leave by 11ish. On our upcoming Triumph cruise our karaoke entertainer (Dave from England) will allow kids in until 10:30. Have a GREAT cruise:D

Archived