Royal Caribbean Customer Service Line. Just Terrible Recently!

Has anyone else noticed how bad it has been recently? Every time I have called about things for my upcoming back to back cruise I have been on hold for at least 30 minutes before anyone picks up. Then when I finally get someone to answer the representative's know absolutely nothing.

Examples: I called about back to back information, they knew nothing about it and told me even if I was in the same cabin on a back to back cruise I would have to pack up all my luggage and have it out of the room. They also could give me no information on how a back to back works. I had email someone at Royal Caribbean to get the correct information.

Example 2: They know nothing about how the specialty restaurant packages work.They could give me no information on who I need to see to make my reservations for the restaurant. Specifically questions about my younger kids eating with us and how that works with the package.

Example 3: I was told my kids could not be in a Labadee cabana (website list's kids under 4 restricted). I found out by emailing someone higher up about this question and was told of course my kids could be in the cabana. The website lists kids under 4 aren't allowed in the cabana but apparently this is just a website glitch.

Example 4: I tried to buy the new alcohol bottles delivered to my room off the gift shop online. I was unsuccessful. I called the customer service number for help. The lady knew less than I did. She didn't even know where to go on the website to help me out with it. She tried to get me to stay on the phone while we "troubleshoot" together everything I had already tried on my own. Needless to say it was a waste of time and I hung up.

Where has the training gone? I swear I never had these issues before when I use to call. I honestly think there is no point in calling anymore.

I had called asking about how to communicate on board, how some ships they have the Royal IQ app... The person I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about. Only came back with information about how to get internet on your phone.[emoji19]

By the way, what are the new alcohol bottles?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is why I am dreading a post-cruise charge for the mini bar after my cruise next month. I am not so understanding with mistakes like this, especially as I see it's happening a ton. Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen to me.

This is why I am dreading a post-cruise charge for the mini bar after my cruise next month. I am not so understanding with mistakes like this, especially as I see it's happening a ton. Crossing my fingers it doesn't happen to me.

Just keep tabs on what you they have charged to your room. They charged me one day for two water bottles and all we did was move them. I talked to the customer service desk on the cruise and they removed the charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had called asking about how to communicate on board, how some ships they have the Royal IQ app... The person I spoke to didn't know what I was talking about. Only came back with information about how to get internet on your phone.[emoji19]

By the way, what are the new alcohol bottles?

Do you mean these?

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/bacardi-gold-and-coca-cola-package/

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/royalgifts/onboard-delivery/packages/bombay-sapphire-and-tonic-package/

Don't waste your time calling customer service. Call C&A. Their number is 1-800-526-9723 for U.S. and Canada.

Sadly the last two times I called C&A I ran into the same kind of issues. Each time the person didn't have a clue what I was talking!!!

It's sad when they tell you there's no such thing as a Going, Going, Gone sale when you are sitting there looking at it!

I have noticed a big decline in the customer service too! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by GTO-Girl

I've had no bad issues with C&A. The time I had to wait more than a few minutes was over the holidays in 2008 as I wanted to be there with my sister and husband so we could do the reservations all at once. It was the first business day after Christmas.

I did call one other time and was waiting about 30 minutes, but while I was waiting I found out about the Grandure fire. I hung up knowing they were going to be very busy all day.

But I do know I have never called them during one of these god awful supposed sales.

Edited by BillOh

Thankfully there are many seasoned cruise critic members who know the

correct answes. :)

yup, I am very thankful. If I didn't know about cruise critic I would be lost listening to the people who answer the phones at Royal Caribbean.

Someone asked me about the alcohol bottles, they sell a small bottle (rum or gin) with 4 cans of soda for approximately $40 usd each in the royal gifts area.