Current online prices - good deals?

Having cruised with P&O last year, we're thinking of booking a Thomson cruise this spring/summer, as one of the Discovery2 itineraries appeals to us. We've just started looking at prices. The online discounts, and all inclusive fare sounds as though current prices are good, but is this just marketing?!

I know none of us has a crystal ball to second guess how pricing may vary, but can anyone tell me how Thomson generally work with discounts/sales/offers as sailing dates approach?

Are Thomson online prices the same/better/worse than from a TA?

Thanks for any help! :)

It used to be with Thomson that the earlier you booked the better deal you had with the drinks package. But its now included on the Discovery. We book 12 months,or so, in advance and I do check the prices on the run up to our holiday and they do appear to go up. You have to pay a little extra at the TA, they no longer undercut or match the website, but you can sometimes get a freebe off them best I did was No1 lounge access. Good luck.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

We moved from P&O to try Discovery last summer and we loved it. It seems that Discovery is quite favoured and the price rose from when we booked. We are also on her in March in the Caribbean and that price has definitely risen, plus the cabin grade choices are now very limited.

I think this ship is very good value, particularly when tips and drinks are included.