Port times

Kiwi_cruiser

I have been trying to research on what to do in port on our Aurora cruise, but the P&O website does NOT give us what times we are in port! :confused: :rolleyes: Apart from a saying “Arrive Early/Morning – Depart Early evening or afternoon)

Now does that mean for example “Arrive Early Morning”, will arrive sometime between 5am and 10am? and for example “Depart afternoon” does that mean we will be leaving between noon and 5pm? And for “Depart Early evening” does that mean we will leave between 5pm and 7pm? :confused:

Does anyone know where I can find this information out? (I check the cruise planer) or does P&O UK not give this info out like Cunard :rolleyes:

I don’t know why Cunard and P&O UK have a problem with giving passengers times they are in port for :confused:, while Princess, Carnival etc.. are happy to say what time they are in port for.

I agree this is rather annoying. Usually, "early morning" means about 08.00, "afternoon" means about 16.00, "early evening" means about 18.00 - but it's not precise. I think cruise lines avoid being specific because if they quote a time and deviate from it by 10 minutes, some passengers whine like mad. I have found the best - but tedious - way to get an indication is to look at the web site of the port being visited (using Google's translation mechanism if necessary).

I have been trying to research on what to do in port on our Aurora cruise, but the P&O website does NOT give us what times we are in port! :confused: :rolleyes: Apart from a saying “Arrive Early/Morning – Depart Early evening or afternoon)

Now does that mean for example “Arrive Early Morning”, will arrive sometime between 5am and 10am? and for example “Depart afternoon” does that mean we will be leaving between noon and 5pm? And for “Depart Early evening” does that mean we will leave between 5pm and 7pm? :confused:

Does anyone know where I can find this information out? (I check the cruise planer) or does P&O UK not give this info out like Cunard :rolleyes:

I don’t know why Cunard and P&O UK have a problem with giving passengers times they are in port for :confused:, while Princess, Carnival etc.. are happy to say what time they are in port for.

This is annoying - I emailed P&O via the help pages and they came back with the exact times (whether they are correct or not is another matter). The P&O time slots are as follows :-

Early Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midnight and 08.59am

Morning: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00am and 11.59am

Early Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between midday and 02.59pm

Afternoon: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 03.00pm and 05.59pm

Early Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 06.00pm and 08.59pm

Evening: The ship will usually arrive or depart between 09.00pm and 11.59pm

Edited by bee-ess

If you go into cruisecal.com and click on itinerary tab....Put in ship and departure date......It will show all arrival and departure times and also other ships in port....We have found it to be very accurate the several times we've used it. :)

If you go into cruisecal.com and click on itinerary tab....Put in ship and departure date......It will show all arrival and departure times and also other ships in port....We have found it to be very accurate the several times we've used it. :)

Great minds etc.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

Thanks jenny wren and Saltibaltiholty. :) I've used this site in the past but couldn't remember how to pull up specific ships and data. Now I've found details of our next two trips which definitely helps with planning. Given the info is out there if you know where to look, it's annoying that it's not published with the itinerary as is the case with most other cruise lines. Delays are always a possibility but for those who like to plan independent excursions, I can only think it's withheld to make this more problematic.

Delays are always a possibility but for those who like to plan independent excursions, I can only think it's withheld to make this more problematic.

This comment has been done to death. We do DIY in most ports and manage ok.

Why they don't give times I don't know but its not so people will just book their excursions. If it was you would not get anyone doing diy.

Delays are always a possibility but for those who like to plan independent excursions, I can only think it's withheld to make this more problematic.

This comment has been done to death. We do DIY in most ports and manage ok.

Why they don't give times I don't know but its not so people will just book their excursions. If it was you would not get anyone doing diy.

I take your point that not everyone who does DiY wants more specific timings - but it does depend on what you are hoping to do. If there is a potential 3 hour difference between the earliest and latest time interval in port given the windows surrounding arrival and departure times then it may mean a planned excursion is doable - or not. We've often used local buses and trains and pulled up timetables to determine the feasibility of a proposed DiY excursion. Sometimes it's OK but sometimes not if there's an insufficient margin - no-one wants to miss the ship! It just helps in the planning.

I still fail to see why other cruise lines (though not Cunard) are more open with the information. It's clearly a policy decision and whilst neither you nor I know the reason for that I still think it's very unhelpful and deliberate.

Edited by kruzseeka