pricing question

kadeycat

We have reserved an oceanview room for Oct.9,2006 on the pride of Hawaii. When we booked I did not pay much attention to exact pricing, figuring I had plenty of time to get reductions and specials. The upgrade stated that you choose a 'EE' category cabin (deck 5) and pay the category 'G' price. The breakdown showed

$1219 +port charge+taxes for the 'EE' cabin and

$1159 +port charge+taxes for the 'G' cabin.

well the price on our reservation is $1209 + port charge+taxes. To me that is only a $10 discount per person.

However, the $1159 is $50 per person less.

We also wanted a guarantee cabin but none are available now. so we booked a 4 person adjoining cabin, figuring that they will need to bump us sooner or later.

Should I make the effort to call and try to get it changed now or will there be plenty of time for other discounts or upgrades later?

Prices will change every week, if not every day.

Your cruise is a year away, I'd wait until Final Payment Day approaches before finalizing your tickets.

Here is an excellent example why one should use a travel agent. I'd wouldn't want to be checking cabin prices for an entire year trying to get a better deal.

I have been watching the Hawaii prices this fall for last minute cruises and they REALLY dropped. You may not see much better prices until the summer. I was thinking about booking in advance for 2006, but with the rates I have seen, we are considering just waiting. We will save up and book at last minute- cabin location is not that important to me compared to price :D .

I would call and get it changed. As pointed out fares will go up and down until your cruise. When it drops update your booking and lock in your savings.

I waited until after final last year to book a Feb. cruise - the fares in fact went up 100s after final. The price of the cheapest outside was 250 pp more then a BA was 6 months earlier.

All it would take is a large group to block cabins on your cruise and the fares could jump up.

Archived