NCL/Breakaway newbie

I'm new to NCL and am sailing on the Breakaway in Feb and hoping someone could answer my questions.

1. We just upgraded to a mini-suite with large balcony. Originally we were going to try and get Vibe passes but I'm thinking now with the extra large balcony it might not even be worth it. Any thoughts?

2. Can you use OBC to pay for gratuities? We had prepaid gratuities as one of our promotions but then lost it when we upgraded but did gain OBC.

3. We're cruising the week of the 12th-19th (not Presidents week) what is the likelihood of the Universal Orlando excursion selling out?

Thanks!

2. Can you use OBC to pay for gratuities? We had prepaid gratuities as one of our promotions but then lost it when we upgraded but did gain OBC.

it depends on how the OBC is earn and if it is refundable/nonrefundable obc.

I'm new to NCL and am sailing on the Breakaway in Feb and hoping someone could answer my questions.

1. We just upgraded to a mini-suite with large balcony. Originally we were going to try and get Vibe passes but I'm thinking now with the extra large balcony it might not even be worth it. Any thoughts?

I'm a big fan of the Vibe I enjoy laying out there and the quiet nature of it, the hot tubs and bar. If your planning on hanging out on your deck most of the time it might not be worth it you. I like the rest of the conveniences that the Vibe affords.

As this is your first NCL cruise this post may be of use to you: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/12/04/8-things-i-wish-i-knew-before-cruising-with-ncl/

The Breakaway is a gorgeous ship I really loved sailing on her. Lots of my photos of her on the link above :)

Sorry I cannot answer your UBC question, I would normally say no but I'm really not sure at the moment. Sorry! I'll be interested to find out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As others have said it depends on your OBC. We were just on the Breakaway last month and were able to use it for the gratuities.

No pun intended but the Vibe pass is for "The Vibe" if you want a place to relax a bit, socialize, swim, have a drink, etc without the craziness that is the main pool then it might be worth it. If you don't care about it and will sit on your balcony and be left alone then not worth it. Word of caution though, it is chilly sailing from NYC that time of year so that may factor in to your choice.

On my sailing in Dec it was not sold out, however, our ship got to port late so they cancelled it.