transportion from baltimore to D.C

easiest way would be to take the marc train to dc. you can pick it up at BWI Marshall rail station or penn station Baltimore. it will take you to union station in dc. so take a cab when you get off the ship it would probably be closer to go to the bwi station. both of these stations bwi, penn offer marc train service daily from 5:30 am to 9:30 pm. some stations don't offer service on weekends. and some have only morning or afternoon (rush hour) schedules. but the 2 stations i listed are every day all day stations.

address:

-penn station

1500 N Charles st baltimore, MD 21202 (410)291-4165

-BWI

2 Amtrack way Linthicum, MD 21240 (410)672-6169

https://mta.maryland.gov/content/marc-station-information

Edited by splintz

I'd recommend the MARC train as well. I'd recommend Penn Station over BWI because, unless I'm missing something, you will be much closer to Penn Station (there's also a West Baltimore station that might be a tad closer, but Penn offers a much more pleasant waiting area). An Uber to Penn station should only be a few bucks. I'm guessing you will be coming in on a Saturday or Sunday, in which case the Penn Line will be your only option. The Penn Line will take you all the way to Union Station and cost $8 (if for some reason you want to be east of DC, you could also get off at New Carrollton). You can find timetables online, they will be different for Saturday and Sunday so note which day you are looking at.

Hope that helps!

If you are arriving on a weekend the MARC service has a limited weekend schedule.

It's about the same driving time from the cruise port to each station. The Penn Station you must take local streets to get to it,as the BWI station is mostly highway driving.

I would also explore using either Uber of Lyft .

When you take into consideration your luggage that you will have it might be easier to use either one.

I'd recommend the MARC train as well. I'd recommend Penn Station over BWI because, unless I'm missing something, you will be much closer to Penn Station (there's also a West Baltimore station that might be a tad closer, but Penn offers a much more pleasant waiting area). An Uber to Penn station should only be a few bucks. I'm guessing you will be coming in on a Saturday or Sunday, in which case the Penn Line will be your only option. The Penn Line will take you all the way to Union Station and cost $8 (if for some reason you want to be east of DC, you could also get off at New Carrollton). You can find timetables online, they will be different for Saturday and Sunday so note which day you are looking at.

Hope that helps!

-penn station is about 5 miles away from the port but you have to drive through the city to get there. so it will take at least 20 minutes to drive there. this includes driving right through the downtown inner harbor area.

-bwi amtrack station is about 10 miles away which will be all highway 95 to 195. on a sunday you will get there in less than 15 minutes. so it really is pretty much the same time or less technically to get to bwi.

penn station is a much larger station than bwi. bwi is small. so it is personal preference i guess. but remember this if you go to penn station instead of bwi you will be going the wrong way on the line. so if you board at penn station you will you will have to travel on the train a few stops (not sure if they will stop at these stops on the weekend) before you get to bwi. so if the drive is the pretty much the same why go to penn for a longer train ride.

I know others have suggested MARC (which is Maryland's commuter train) but there is limited service on the weekend. Another option is Amtrak.

From the Port, it's a quick cab ride to the BWI train station. There you can pick up Amtrak directly to Union Station in DC. There are NE regional trains that run every hour and it's about a 30-minute ride from BWI to Union Station and costs about $15.

Here is a link with all of the trains going through BWI and/or Penn to Union Station. Most are Northeast, but a few other lines go through as well (such as the Cardinal line going East-West).

https://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/1018/288/Northeast-Corridor-Schedule-W06-111416.pdf

Personally, I think that BWI is much easier to get to, with no city traffic. But... as you will see with the schedule, there are more options out of Penn on the weekend.