Question: FTTF and Port Arrival Time - Port Canaveral

NC_Cruisin

I am cruising on the Carnival Liberty on January 22nd out of Port Canaveral. I booked a hotel package that included a shuttle. The shuttle does not arrive at the hotel for pickup to the port until 12:00pm - 12:15pm. Now, I am interested in purchasing the FTTF for the benefit of priority boarding and luggage delivery, however, to change the shuttle time it would cost $78.

My question is: Would it be worth it to purchase the FTTF if I am unable to get an earlier shuttle time? Has anyone ever used the FTTF and not arrived at the port at 11am?

A couple of weeks ago we arrived at PC for the Magic by 10:00 AM but we drive and park at port (40% off voucher from hotel we stayed at night before). We were checked in and on ship, in our cabin pretty early so very worth it to us to have FTTF. We like to make our first day onboard and all day experience to get our vacation started.

We do not like the hotel shuttles (going to port or coming back), too many people and sometimes several hotels included on route. They are late a lot and as we drive to Florida from NC we always want our car right there in port to load up and take off as soon as we depart the ship to go home. We love port parking and it is not only close to terminal but secure.

I am cruising on the Carnival Liberty on January 22nd out of Port Canaveral. I booked a hotel package that included a shuttle. The shuttle does not arrive at the hotel for pickup to the port until 12:00pm - 12:15pm. Now, I am interested in purchasing the FTTF for the benefit of priority boarding and luggage delivery, however, to change the shuttle time it would cost $78.

My question is: Would it be worth it to purchase the FTTF if I am unable to get an earlier shuttle time? Has anyone ever used the FTTF and not arrived at the port at 11am?

Barring a delay getting back to port from the previous cruise, staterooms are typically ready around 1 pm....So if you keep your shuttle time of 12-1215, get to the port, checkin, etc, there is a good chance your room will be ready upon boarding....Now do you want the "special" line at guest services? I guess that is personal preference

Edited by First and Ten

Barring a delay getting back to port from the previous cruise, staterooms are typically ready around 1 pm....So if you keep your shuttle time of 12-1215, get to the port, checkin, etc, there is a good chance your room will be ready upon boarding....Now do you want the "special" line at guest services? I guess that is personal preference

I do not know much about guest services, but I am assuming I will want to get in the "special" line :)

A couple of weeks ago we arrived at PC for the Magic by 10:00 AM but we drive and park at port (40% off voucher from hotel we stayed at night before). We were checked in and on ship, in our cabin pretty early so very worth it to us to have FTTF. We like to make our first day onboard and all day experience to get our vacation started.

We do not like the hotel shuttles (going to port or coming back), too many people and sometimes several hotels included on route. They are late a lot and as we drive to Florida from NC we always want our car right there in port to load up and take off as soon as we depart the ship to go home. We love port parking and it is not only close to terminal but secure.

We are traveling from NC too! We chose to leave the car parked at the hotel and take the shuttle but now I am second guessing that decision. I just booked the FTTF and will see how it goes :)

Is FTTF still available for your cruise? Usually is sells out pretty quickly after it becomes available which would have been sometime last summer for a January cruise.

We are also cruising out of PC, in FEBRUARY. I called around and private town car service is $30 from International Palms resort in Coco Beach. Also, Uber is available and we may try that for the first time. Hotel shuttles are IMO never worth the trouble. Takes forever to load everyone's stuff and then unload it at the port.

Is FTTF still available for your cruise? Usually is sells out pretty quickly after it becomes available which would have been sometime last summer for a January cruise.

We are also cruising out of PC, in FEBRUARY. I called around and private town car service is $30 from International Palms resort in Coco Beach. Also, Uber is available and we may try that for the first time. Hotel shuttles are IMO never worth the trouble. Takes forever to load everyone's stuff and then unload it at the port.

FTTF was available, when I purchased it today there was 12 slots left. I actually ended up canceling my previous hotel reservations and booked the Days Inn in Titusville, they are still still offering the 40% discount for port parking. It seemed like the best thing to do so I could get to the port early.

We stay at the Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach, the 40% voucher brings parking for the week to about $76 (about $7 a day) and we leave the hotel about 9:30 AM for port (about 5-7 mins away). When you go to park you need to pay the parking in cash I believe if using hotel voucher (we always do anyway but I believe it may say it on the voucher). It is priceless to have the car right there when you get off the ship.

A couple of tips when you park at port (if you have never done it). Follow the signs for your ship name for which terminal you need to go to, the signs are well marked and pretty easy to navigate once there.

Pull up to drop off lane first to get your checked luggage out of car, a porter usually comes over right away to grab your luggage (if not then run over to where they are, offer your tip and they will come right over with luggage cart) then drive right into parking garage. The earlier you get there the better the chance you can park on first or second floor of parking garage (out of elements and secure). We generally have been able to get the 1st floor.

When you come back, make sure you do self assist (take your own luggage off ship) with FTTF you should be off early (about 7:30 or so). If a porter offers to take your luggage to car, grab them (the tip is worth it) as they can get you through the porter customs line a lot faster than going through regular line.

I have read that the hotel voucher program is being done away with next month I believe (:() so this may be the last go around to have the discount. We will continue to park at the terminal though as it is so worth have the car there at the end and not to bother with shuttles or cabs (done both and parking at terminal so much better).

Edited by Drazil65

We stay at the Marriott Courtyard Cocoa Beach, the 40% voucher brings parking for the week to about $76 (about $7 a day) and we leave the hotel about 9:30 AM for port (about 5-7 mins away). When you go to park you need to pay the parking in cash I believe if using hotel voucher (we always do anyway but I believe it may say it on the voucher). It is priceless to have the car right there when you get off the ship.

A couple of tips when you park at port (if you have never done it). Follow the signs for your ship name for which terminal you need to go to, the signs are well marked and pretty easy to navigate once there.

Pull up to drop off lane first to get your checked luggage out of car, a porter usually comes over right away to grab your luggage (if not then run over to where they are, offer your tip and they will come right over with luggage cart) then drive right into parking garage. The earlier you get there the better the chance you can park on first or second floor of parking garage (out of elements and secure). We generally have been able to get the 1st floor.

When you come back, make sure you do self assist (take your own luggage off ship) with FTTF you should be off early (about 7:30 or so). If a porter offers to take your luggage to car, grab them (the tip is worth it) as they can get you through the porter customs line a lot faster than going through regular line.

I have read that the hotel voucher program is being done away with next month I believe (:() so this may be the last go around to have the discount. We will continue to park at the terminal though as it is so worth have the car there at the end and not to bother with shuttles or cabs (done both and parking at terminal so much better).

Thanks for the tips on parking at the port, I was really nervous about what to do when I got there :) The hotel did tell me next month will be the last for parking vouchers, I hope they offer another deal!

I will plan to get to the port around 9:45am to get the good parking. Thanks for all the tips, this is my first cruise in many many years ( I took a cruise as a teenager) so I am a bit on edge.