Hull Balcony

deanswife1990

While not new to cruising, I am new to NCL. I've wanted to sail the Epic for several years now so DH and I thought why not give it a try. We got a great deal on a balcony guarantee. I should have researched more. I wasn't aware of the hull balconies on the Epic. And guess what...........that's what we got. Cabin 10004. Does anyone have pictures of this cabin? It does look like the opening is bigger than some of the other hull balconies. I was willing to take a balcony anywhere, my fault I didn't do my research. I thought a balcony is a balcony. :rolleyes: I was going to call and upgrade but DH does not want to. He says he aren't in the room very much any way and he's right.

Any thoughts?

Pictures on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1522322

from the above thread

Deck 10

Deck 10 has 10 (appropriately so) "hull" balconies in the exact configuration as deck 9. They all have larger balconies. 10001, 10002, 10004, and 10005 have larger openings. 10008, 10009, 10012, 10013, 10014 and 10015 have smaller openings.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Hello, I'm traveling in March on the Epic in 9001, and have been searching for pictures of the balcony as well. They are hard to find from the inside view. Luckily, there was a review written by "Annie Goes Cruising" (found under member reviews in the Epic Cruise Critic Page) that includes pictures of the balcony on cabin 11001. I believe the balcony should be similar to yours.

I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures of the balcony when you return!

Hello, I'm traveling in March on the Epic in 9001, and have been searching for pictures of the balcony as well. They are hard to find from the inside view. Luckily, there was a review written by "Annie Goes Cruising" (found under member reviews in the Epic Cruise Critic Page) that includes pictures of the balcony on cabin 11001. I believe the balcony should be similar to yours.

I'm sure we'd all love to see pictures of the balcony when you return!

I'm cruising in March as well. March 18. Are we on the same sailing?

While not new to cruising, I am new to NCL. I've wanted to sail the Epic for several years now so DH and I thought why not give it a try. We got a great deal on a balcony guarantee. I should have researched more. I wasn't aware of the hull balconies on the Epic. And guess what...........that's what we got. Cabin 10004. Does anyone have pictures of this cabin?

I don't have pictures of the balcony, but ours was cabin 10008 if I recall, one of the "smaller" openings. The balcony was huge, easily 8' deep. We actually didn't mind the hull balcony; it gave a great sense of privacy and standing at the railing was great.

Two disadvantages: sitting the cabin you can't really see out to see the water, even at the horizon. You see only sky. And it's dark because it is so enclosed. Yours may be different because I believe you have a larger opening.

I wouldn't hesitate to book one again at a good price.