Deck 11 - Carnival Freedom

jentea

Hello, all! We are looking st a March cruise on Freedom. Many cabins are already sold out, but almost the entirety of Deck 11 is still available. Does anyone have any experience with these cabins? Thanks!

We had 1112 on Glory, Freedom's sister. It was a 4-day cruise and we put all four of us in a cabin for a weekend cruise. There are good features, such as being right around the corner from the spa if you like that, and being right outside the open decks. Serenity is right there, and it's an easy walk to Lido. Overall, however, I wasn't crazy about it. We had bad weather on our cruise, so the balcony (not covered) wasn't usable for a portion of the cruise. When we were out on the balcony, there were people on deck 12 standing right above us. Fine if you want to strike up a conversation, but not so great if you want privacy. Then there was Camp Carnival. We had absolutely no problems with noise from the camp itself; our problem was the parents coming to pick their kids up at night. Only one elevator goes up to deck 12, so most people coming and going to camp use the deck 11 forward elevator bank. We had a fair amount of noise on the stairs when people were leaving camp at night.

We were on deck 11 on our Freedom cruise and we loved it. No noise from camp Carnival or the elevator area. But we don't usually head back to our cabin till midnight and I'm sure most parents have picked their kids up by then. So if you go to bed early that might be a problem. It wasn't for us. :)

We practically lived on our balcony and never noticed anyone above us on deck 12. Of course our weather was perfect which makes a big difference. If it's rainy the whole time with just a couple of nice weather moments I can imagine everyone races out to the railings to enjoy the rare nice weather. So all balconies and railings are crowded at that moment. So if you're unfortunate enough to have a rainy cruise then it might be an issue for you.

But for us deck 11 was paradise. We loved being so close to everything the spa offers. My husband is 6'6" and chose to use the spa shower everyday because it's right down the hall and it's huge with a bench to sit on in the shower. And we I loved having the adult only serenity area within walking distance. I love to go relax there with a good book. :D And we loved having the Lido so close. We often brought trays of food back to our room to eat out on our balcony.

Deck 11 is probably not sold out on your cruise because the higher the deck the higher the price. The lower cheaper decks will sell first. I say go for it. I had heard negative reviews of deck 11 too, but several cruisers gave it good reviews so I went for it and was glad I did.