Splashaway Bay - Age/Height/Weight Limit?

Hi All - we are traveling with three older kids - 10, 13, 17. How big is the slide in Splashaway Bay? Is it something the 10 year old could still do? Are there height - weight - age limits on that area? I can't tell from the photos how big it is so I'm not sure any of them would be overly interested? What do you all think?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The 10 year old should be fine. I am not sure if RCI does the same thing but on Carnival, there is a sign at the Waterworks that it's for kids 12 and under. I am pretty sure that there was a similar sign on the Independence of the Seas. I did not observe this on the Independence but on the Carnival Fascination, there was an attendant there telling the teenagers that they could not use the kids splash area. The Independence is large enough though to accommodate two separate kids splash/slide areas. The Fascination really only has one. I'm not sure what size ship you are sailing on but this thread has some helpful pics

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2368790

Edited by saharaga

• 3 months later...

The Splashaway Bay on the Liberty of the Seas was staffed with two employees when the two waterslides were open. The staff provided color coded wristbands to the children based on what their height was so they knew who could ride which slide. 42 inches to ride one slide, 45 inches to ride the other slide. My general opinion is that your children who are 10 and older would probably enjoy the adult slides more (not sure of height requirements there, maybe 48 inches?)