Review: Carnival Conquest 10/30/05

Sablerose

Sablerose -

Wow - I have finally read your entire review.............I have enjoyed the whole thing!! I was sitting here giggling at the "Crazy Family" OMG!!!:eek: I am sure my co-workers and customers think I am on some sick website - or doing something really bad! The visuals that were running thru my head like a slideshow were incredible! You rock with your writing!:)

I guess there is truth in 'Do good and it will come back to you'. Savor all those magic moments.........hey and keep it up in positive mind flow for the baby thing! If you ever need an ear about the fertility thing you can email me rkemp66@yahoo.com. I have been thru some of it.

Anyway - I am so glad you had a fabbo trip - I have been reading the posts off and on about your adventure getting to where you finally went!

Blessings in all forms!

Robin

We ate our one and only Tortuga Rum Cake (4 oz) yesterday for dessert and now we're kicking ourselves that we didn't bring home 25 pounds of coffee and 100 rum cakes.

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I still have rum cake (holidays, you know - the date says it's good till the end of the month), but the coffee is going fast! We picked up a pound of Blue Mountain in Jamaica and a pound of Chiapas in Cozumel, and they're both great. I have a 1/2 pound of Blue Mountain to give BIL for Christmas (actually delivering it for Thanksgiving, since we'll be visiting him then) - but I've certainly been tempted to think up another gift and hold on to the coffee:D Guess we'll just have to go back and get more!

OK...coffee I totally understand but do people really EAT those nasty rum cakes? I can't ever make it past the first sample in the rum cake store and I'm not usually one to pass up cake on vacation!

Oh my gosh, we devoured our first little 4 ounce rum cake in a matter of minutes. We couldn't stop eating it. It was SO GOOD!

Oh my gosh, we devoured our first little 4 ounce rum cake in a matter of minutes. We couldn't stop eating it. It was SO GOOD!

On Sat night they had samples in the gift shop onboard!! I tried not to be conspicuous but tried each one several times. I really liked the cinnamon raisin. I really wanted to buy one but my budget wouldn't allow it. I do wish I had bought more coffee in Jamaica. I made my first pot on Sunday. I am also on the rum cake recipes. I love to bake as gifts for the holidays!

On Sat night they had samples in the gift shop onboard!! I tried not to be conspicuous but tried each one several times. I really liked the cinnamon raisin. I really wanted to buy one but my budget wouldn't allow it. I do wish I had bought more coffee in Jamaica. I made my first pot on Sunday. I am also on the rum cake recipes. I love to bake as gifts for the holidays!

When we were in Grand Cayman I saw the little cakes sold individually for $4.99. We got ours in Jamaica for $6.00. On the ship you had to either buy the bigger-size cake (for like $14) or a gift pack that had multiple cakes in it.

So buying just the one (we bought a coffee-flavored one) worked out great for our budget. I just wish I had known we would like it so much! I think we're going to try to get a variety pack next time since they last a long time, then we can just try a little at a time and spread it out. heh.

Hey gang-coffeeforless.com sells the little rum cakes for $8 each. I know it's not nearly as much fun as buying them on vacation but it's the thought that counts. Crank up the heat to 80, put on some cruising music, pour a foo foo drink of choice and enjoy that rum cake!

Rose, I loved the review. We took the kids on this cruise back in March-thank God for the military discount! We had an absolute ball and can't wait to go again some day. I'm also a sucker for those boys in uniform. I am the prould wife of the fire chief at the IL Air National Guard base here. We have F-16's (for now THANKS BRAC:() and the base is a 24/7 Guard base, not just weekenders. Kind of unique and hard to explain. I'm quite sure DH does not get to dance at work, what is Stang up to?

It was 75 here last week (FLUKE!) and snow flurries tonight. I REALLY NEED ANOTHER CRUISE!!!!! I might have a rum cake somewhere.........

WORK???!!! You know that's a four letter word??!!! I can't believe you can't just go to your boss and explain, YOU HAVE PEOPLE ANXIOUSLY AWAITING FOR YOU TO GET YOUR REAL JOB DONE!

I work for myself! And I tell you what, I'm the hardest boss I could ever hope to have! I'm a tyrant! A tyrant, I say!

No link to pictures yet. I'm really sorry. We're having some technical glitches on this end, compounded by both of us being back to work and not getting it all worked out yet.

I promise I'll post a link as soon as possible!

No pictures no Capers sometimes i wonder if life is really worth living for:mad:

No pictures no Capers sometimes i wonder if life is really worth living for:mad:

Right now, all the capers scanned in at 2 megs per page. PER PAGE. That's eight megs per caper!

That's a lot of megs!

We're working on getting everything resized without losing image quality. As soon as I can get them up and readable I will! :D

Right now, all the capers scanned in at 2 megs per page. PER PAGE. That's eight megs per caper!

That's a lot of megs!

We're working on getting everything resized without losing image quality. As soon as I can get them up and readable I will! :D

We really don't think Meg cares....:p

That's a lot of megs!

Rose are you gonna use webshots? Just scan a days worth upload it then delete and do the next day. Take your time I mean it took you three days to write your review. ;):D

And you never told us aboot the funnel deck. :(

• 3 months later...
Speaking of tyrants, I have to get Stang off his azz here pretty quick to do the review or it will no longer be relevant. :rolleyes:

Stang...where's your review? Don't think you can get away with it after 4 months!

Archived