Drinks???

meggyrn

Yes you can bring 2 bottles of wine but don't forget the corkage fee of $25.

No charge to bring the 2 bottles of wine aboard or if your are drinking the wine in your stateroom. Only if you are going to take a bottle of wine in another venue (MDR for one) is the $25.00 corkage fee applied. Some have posted they weren't charged the corkage fee in the MDR. But that's not a given and YMMV.

Edited by davekathy

I find I drink way more than I thought I would and now get the package.

One thing we forget is how quickly tolerance builds up, especially for those of us that don't drink that much normally.

And there are so many options and choices, and it's easier to try things with the package.

I've done it both ways but now I get the package.

OP mentioned they also drink Alcohol. When were drink packages $26 and $18 a day?

My response was very clear: cost of the Non-alcoholic package and what it provided. AND that all of that would be included IF they chose an alcohol package. The cost of an alcohol package on the FOS a few weeks ago was around $56 per day plus 18% tip.

Sound like to me the most important question was about the availability of water on the ship.

I think they now have a plan that works best for them.

No charge to bring the 2 bottles of wine aboard or if your are drinking the wine in your stateroom. Only if you are going to take a bottle of wine in another venue (MDR for one) is the $25.00 corkage fee applied. Some have posted they weren't charged the corkage fee in the MDR. But that's not a given and YMMV.

As Clarea stated, Royal Caribbean no longer charges a corkage fee at any venue on board. It's an official policy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not correct, there is no corkage fee regardless of where the wine is consumed.

If I purchase the drink package and change my mind, can I cancel up until a few days before the cruise? I am so wishy-washy on it. I just need to make a decision and stick with it. It's not like I'm not going to be able to do something I want or go without something if we purchase it. If the extra $750 was included in the total cost of the cruise, I'd think nothing about it. It's just the thought of spending that much on alcohol. On our Disney cruise we purchased one drink each but that's a different atmosphere I'm sure. We had our kids with us and it's more of a family environment. I agree with being able to try different drinks and not feeling bad about it. We are not soda drinkers at all so the unlimited soda isn't a benefit for us. The benefit would be the bottled water, out of convenience, and the alcohol. I tend to be cheap so if we didn't purchase it I could see really questioning if I needed to order a drink. My husband will be in a conference for a few hours a day while we are at sea so he won't be able to drink then. He says he'll make sure he drinks his quota for the day :)

Yes you can cancel up to 4 days before the cruise and get a refund to your credit card.

As Clarea stated, Royal Caribbean no longer charges a corkage fee at any venue on board. It's an official policy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is not correct, there is no corkage fee regardless of where the wine is consumed.

Unfortunately but in my defense I looked it up on RCI's web site which it still states a corkage fee. " Does Royal Caribbean charge a corkage fee? A: No. Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom." And from another paragraph same page. " Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. When consumed in any public area, each bottle shall be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00". My mistake and I should have known better to believe RCI obviously outdated website. I should have posted from personal experience but we don't take our carry on wine into the MDR or anywhere else. So no personal experience with being charge a corkage fee. So I do stand corrected based on Bob's post.

Edited by davekathy

If you don't drink a LOT of alcohol, go for the replenish Package and only pay for the alcohol when you want it. Example: virgin pina colada n/c, add the alcohol, only pay for the alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I purchased the"replenish" non-alcoholic package on a previous cruise and ordered the non-alcoholic Bloody Shame, and asked for a shot of vodka, that shot cost the same amount as if I bought the regular alcoholic Bloody Mary!:( Separate shots cost the same, no matter if on ice or mixed with something else, so no savings here!;)

On our Adventure cruise in November the deluxe (alcohol included) package was $48/day plus 18%. I had a of mix of wine, mixed drinks and an occasional beer. My average cost per drink was $8.75 So if you plan on drinking 5-6 drinks per day then the drink package is worth it.

... My average cost per drink was $8.75 So if you plan on drinking 5-6 drinks per day then the drink package is worth it.

Just wanted to tag along on this post with something I read that struck me as FUNNY but perfectly logical ...

A blog indicated that on average you'd need to drink at least 6 mixed drinks or glasses of wine a day to get your money's worth out of buying the unlimited alcohol drink package. They went on to say if you read that and think "WOW that is a LOT of alcohol" :( then the package may not be worthwhile for you .... but if you read it and think "Really? That's not much at all ... " :D then you probably DO want to get the package! LOL

Edited by Cro_and_Swan

I feel like having a stop and Labadee or Coco Cay would make or break getting your money's worth on the alcohol package. I try to book my trips based on these ports if possible for this other money saving reasons.

struggle with 5-6 drinks a day?!?!! thats my normal 12pm til 2pm :)

no seriously, i drink and the package takes my mind of what im spending\ drinking while on board, and like you said if i was paying per drink, early afternoon/really late at night id stop and think to myself do i really want to buy another drink?

also like some have said, you can try all the different drinks then without the worry of paying for one you dont like, i call them my cocktail list nights, i go down the menu and get every drink one after the other see what they are all like, i like to do these nights 7 times on my 7 night cruise :D:D