hotel help

help04me

any suggestion on hotel stay in seattle we are flying in a day early and would like to be near the port . but would love to see pikes place fish market as well w/o driving .we get in on Thursday around noon june 15th and would likely be my one and only trip to seattle. any suggestion would be welcomed thanks

Edited by help04me

City Center (downtown) is where the action but also on the expensive side. It's about 25 minutes from airport. We stayed at the Marriott which was ok (had beautiful harbor view out my window) and the Sheridan which was beautiful hotel . Is up the street. You will find Pikes Place, fish market ,original Starbucks, pioneer square , monorail to space needle, great restaurants, everything is there. Depending on which pier you are leaving pier 66 is right there and 91 is about 2 miles away. Those are the only hotels I'm familiar with. Hope it helps. You will love Downtown Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

any suggestion on hotel stay in seattle we are flying in a day early and would like to be near the port . but would love to see pikes place fish market as well w/o driving .we get in on Thursday around noon june 15th and would likely be my one and only trip to seattle. any suggestion would be welcomed thanks

What ship will you be sailing on? When does it leave? If you leaving from Pier 91 there isn’t really any hotels close to Pier 91, it’s about 2 miles North of the downtown area. Hotels in downtown Seattle are expensive. What is your budget for your Seattle stay? By the way the Welcome mat is always out in the Puget Sound area.

We stayed the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Ave. You can see the SpaceNeedle from the hotel. Right behind the HIE is a Holiday Inn. From the Space Needle you can take the monorail into downtown. We picked up the HoHo at the Space Needle.

Also don't stand on line at the Space Needle to see the views. Instead go to the Columbia Tower and take the elevator to the Sky View Observatory. I've forgotten the entrance fee but it was well worth the $.

I know Seattle has great restaurants but the Emerald Grill, the restaurant in the Holiday Inn, has the best burgers we have had in a long time.

We have chosen a hotel in the Sea-Tac area...(cheaper) and will use the light rail to downtown...Hope we haven't made a mistake!!!

I think you made a wise choice. take the link to Westlake center and you can go to all the tourist things from there. We take the link into Seattle now and then.

What ship will you be sailing on? When does it leave? If you leaving from Pier 91 there isn’t really any hotels close to Pier 91, it’s about 2 miles North of the downtown area. Hotels in downtown Seattle are expensive. What is your budget for your Seattle stay? By the way the Welcome mat is always out in the Puget Sound area.

the explorer of the seas I assume pier 91 leaving out on Friday so I would only be a seattle tourist Thursday thanks to everyones help.

We are booked at the Moore Hotel in downtown Seattle for a few days post cruise this coming September - very close to Pikes Place, very good reviews and inexpensive compared to the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks for your advise since a couple other suggested the moore I reserved that for june 15th guy who answered the phone said taxi would be about 50 bucks for 3 people and luggage but will be downtown in the pike place market area . thanks again for your and everyone who help ed

Another thumbs up for the Moore - stayed there last September pre-cruise and had no issues - will be booking it again for my Fall 2017 cruise.

Cheers!

Dennis

How was the weather? I have been to Seattle one other time in May and stayed at the Maxwell but I was looking at the Moore for my upcoming September cruise but saw they do not have AC so I was a little worried if it would be a little warm or stuffy in the room not that I plan on being in the room much other than just to sleep. TYA

September tends to be one of the nicest months of the year here and will often have some of the warmer days too. But even on the rare really warm day things cool off really quickly at night. The only way to get the Puget Sound area warm is to have a down slope east wind coming over the Cascades which also means very dry air that cools rapidly after sunset. If they do not have A/C then very likely there will be a fan and a window that opens.

September tends to be one of the nicest months of the year here and will often have some of the warmer days too. But even on the rare really warm day things cool off really quickly at night. The only way to get the Puget Sound area warm is to have a down slope east wind coming over the Cascades which also means very dry air that cools rapidly after sunset. If they do not have A/C then very likely there will be a fan and a window that opens.

Thank you for the info. :)