Continental Airlines - Low Fares to Copenhagen

Juliadlf

I was checking the travel sites today for airfare to Copenhagen for Aug and was amazed to see that Continental airfare was around $770.00 pp. The other airlines are selling at over $1,000 pp.

Anyone have experience flying Continental to Europe?

We just got back from a Med. cruise and flew Continental non-stop Newark NJ to Rome and Madrid to Newark for about $600 per person. (Continental is good about these triangular tickets). They had drink service twice, a full meal at the beginning of the flight, and a light meal before landing on both flights.

Typical coach seats.

They also have the monitor in the back of the seat in front of you so you can watch the movie of your choice (choice of 3). Movies recycle every 2 hours. Or play video games or listen to music. Headphones are free on international flights. So much to do I didn't want to sleep. But I missed the end of the movie twice so I did sleep for a few hours.

When we booked our limo to pick us up at the Rome airport and I asked him if he needed us to call if the flight was late arriving he replied that Continental is never late. True to his word, the flight was early.

On the way home we had to circle for about 30 minutes.

The only caution I would have is that if you need to change flights in NJ, security was extremely high this week and they were rexraying and spotchecking luggage to enter the U.S. and/or to change planes. This may have been because of the unrest in France or the bird flu scare, but you might want to leave extra time if you are changing planes in Newark. (Don't know what it will be like next year or at another airport.) Some people said they were holding planes but I know there were a lot of nervous people on line with us going through "agricultural inspection".

I would take Continental again in a minute. Enjoy your trip.

Ellen

I was checking the travel sites today for airfare to Copenhagen for Aug and was amazed to see that Continental airfare was around $770.00 pp. The other airlines are selling at over $1,000 pp.

Anyone have experience flying Continental to Europe?

Are you sure that included all taxes. you can compare airfares on all airlines flight times etc at www.itasoftware.com

I have flown continental overseas they are ok...its a plane it gets you there...unless you are upgraded they are all pretty much the same.

since you have some time, they change fares Tuesday night. I have found that sometimes a great fare shows up and then disappears quickly a couple of years ago for August we found a $500 non-stop to Copenhagen on a United Codeshare(on a SAS plane). The fare showed up one night I booked at 4 am, told friends about it(we were all going for a birthday) it was gone the next day....and we got upgraded to first class on the way back...)

Archived