Parental permission required?

Katgoesonholiday

In the end this not just what Celebrity will accept but what the countries visited will accept. Further, my experience says you must have permission from any and all persons that have a legal guardian position with the minor. If the grandfather is the sole legal guardian, and you have the papers to prove it(bring a copy) you are probably ok with just his signature. You will have people tell you they had no problem with this or that situation. Read this from US Customs and Border Protection. https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/268/~/children---child-traveling-with-one-parent-or-someone-who-is-not-a-parent-or and this https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/449/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDgzODc4NTQ2L3NpZC9EZEFCTjk4bg%3D%3D.

In my work I sometimes take groups of minor across borders. Can't speak to NZ specifically, but in addition to Celebrity, you will need to research customs for the countries you are planning to visit. especially for point of embarkation. It is so easy to screw up an ruin an expensive vacation by not having proper documents. At least 2 notorized statements of permission should be obtained, and I would photocopy and leave one at home as well. Also passports and copies should be on hand, as for everyone else. Having said all that, relax, you'll have a great time and in all probability no one will think twice about any of this, but better safe than sorry. It can be daunting going through customs, so I would advise you to prepare your niece in advance and explain they are just asking all these questions for her safety. Even fairly sophisticated young travelers can get rattled when questioned by uniformed guards.