Drinks on P&O

Gillykat

We're going for 30+ nights on P&O and I've read you can take some alcohol on board. only done the American lines before and you can't take any alcohol on board.

How much is a reasonable amount?

Any advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Where does your ship sail from? That makes a difference as to where to buy it. If it's Southampton then obviously you can take a few litres of spirits with you, but if it's from say Barbados then it is easier to buy it there at the duty free shop in the port. You can also take mixers on or P&O will sell you mixers for use in the cabin.

Compared to the US lines P&O are very relaxed so if you buy alcohol in one of the ports it won't get confiscated on your return to the ship, which is good - frustrating when you return from Capri with a nice bottle of souvenir limoncello and it gets taken away!

Of course you can buy from room service and very good prices. One ltr. Of gin for £20.00. That price was good a week ago on Oceana.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The first departure is from Southampton the second is from the Caribbean. I think the amount I was thinking about will be fine considering what people are saying! I like brockmans gin so was going to take one of those and a bottle of fizz which seems small fry compared to some! [emoji3]

It would even enter my head to drink it anywhere other than my room! Thanks for the advice all x

I try not to take too much simply because P&O don't charge excessively and I'd rather be in a bar. I find if I take too much and it doesn't get drunk not only do I have to carry it off the ship it restricts what duty free I can take off unless I can prove I paid for it in the UK and paid duty. The only exception is in a suite, when we are far more likely to sit on the balcony and in the cabin with a glass or four [emoji23]