Alaska Land Tour

tennis12

Going to be on a three day land tour after 7 day Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Sea. The land tour leaves from Seward then goes to Talkeenta and then Denali then back to Anchorage. I would love to book a glacier land flight at Denali. Has anyone done this land package to let me know if you have time in the schedule to book this? If so, who did you book with and when?

Thanks

Going to be on a three day land tour after 7 day Alaska cruise on Radiance of the Sea. The land tour leaves from Seward then goes to Talkeenta and then Denali then back to Anchorage. I would love to book a glacier land flight at Denali. Has anyone done this land package to let me know if you have time in the schedule to book this? If so, who did you book with and when?

Thanks

I suggest you do your Denali flight out of Talkeetna.

Edited by Budget Queen

K2 Aviation in Talkeetna is by far the best. Knowledgeable pilots and reliable planes.

I think Princess and HAL have tours that have a long enough stop in Talkeetna but have never done a tour through the state. Usually just did it ourselves with an RV.

We also went with K2. When you get out of the plane on the glacier, it is a quiet like you have never experienced. And then you hear the rumbling of a far away avalanche. Mikemartha isn't kidding, it's a once in a lifetime experience.

There are several excellent vendors out of Talkeetna, that I have flown with several times. Do be mindful of flight differences and be sure to get flights you want. For me- it's always a summit trip my preference, but, I have done all the usual routes including ski plane trips. I take advantage of walk up seats and certainly open to anything in the sky.

Nothing beats the vastness and beauty of Alaska than what you see from the air.