Carnival Fantasy Questions

bamakathy

Haven't cruised in a few years, but this will be my 13th? 14th? Carnival cruise in Sept. Does anyone know how much they charge for bottled water at the bars? I have heard the main dining room food has gotten bad. Anyone know? Taking my mother-in-law for her 1st cruise. I never get seasick, but what can I get as an Rx from our dr for that would help if she does? Also, she's not much for formal dress. Could she get by with black slacks and a blouse? Any other changes I should know about? I have platinum. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not sure about bar prices for bottled water. You can buy a case for the room for around $5.00. As for seasickness meds, ask doctor for scopolamine patch. Follow pharamist instructions for use, plus be aware, some people experience a signifant increase in blood pressure while using

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I agree with the other poster. Slacks and a blouse is good. I don't think the food in the MDR was bad. I enjoyed it. No other big changes that I know of. We just went in August, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. Have fun and I hope your MIL enjoys herself!

Haven't cruised in a few years, but this will be my 13th? 14th? Carnival cruise in Sept. Does anyone know how much they charge for bottled water at the bars?

Recommend buying bottled water from Bon Voyage ahead of time. It is very reasonably priced

I have heard the main dining room food has gotten bad. Anyone know?

I am not a fan of the MDR food anymore. We have avoided the MDR on our past three cruises- of course we never went hungry.

Taking my mother-in-law for her 1st cruise. I never get seasick, but what can I get as an Rx from our dr for that would help if she does?

Dramamine OTC, patches and wrist bands.

Also, she's not much for formal dress. Could she get by with black slacks and a blouse?

Absolutely.

Any other changes I should know about? I have platinum. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just a few thoughts...

Just back from Fantasy on New Years Eve. like others I would recommend ordering from Bon Voyage before you sail and have it delivered to your cabin.

I was not overly impressed with the MDR food but never had problems finding things to eat. I order a steak for an extra $20 from the Steakhouse Selection and really enjoyed that. I also enjoyed many of the soups. Many of menu items were just meh to really not my cup tea.

As for what to wear, the black slacks will be perfect. While in the dining room I saw all types of dress. There were people dressed as if they were going to church and people that looked as if they were headed to the night club plus everything in between.

I've always brought my own water, I've just placed them throughout all of our suitcases. I used to always see people bring their own cases, but they are pretty to easy just to place throughout suitcases. It's been a couple of years now, so not sure if it's not allowed anymore? We are going in March for our 11th cruise, but like you, it's been several years since we've been.

I've never been seasick either, but I've always heard that the over-the-counter meds such as the patch or the wristband works just fine.

The policy has changed and you are no longer allowed to bring bottles on board. If you would like to bring water or any other beverage it must be in cans. We ordered ours from Bon Voyage and had it delivered to the cabin. It cost 4.99 for 12 bottles.

For seasick sickness we used Bonine and Motioneaze. The Bonine we started the night before the cruise and then each night. The Motioneaze are these drops you put behind your ears. I found them at Walmart next to the Bonine for about $6. It smells really nice and worked great for us. I have tried the Seabands before and as long as they are placed correctly they worked ok but for me that was just not the best choice because of needed the exact placement.

• 2 weeks later...