Allure of the Seas Review 1/2/17-1/8/17

Hi Wanderlust! Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! My husband and I will be on the Allure in November. We sailed on the Oasis in November 2015 and loved it so we figured we should try the Allure out :)

I'm 26 and my husband is 27 so we are kind of close in age to you and your fiance. I have cruised with both Carnival and Royal and I'll never go back. We've also been on smaller Royal ships and by far I'd have to say Oasis is my favorite...so far. So if you guys ever decide to give Royal another shot, I'd say try that ship out :) It's awesome to see another younger couple that loves cruising like we do, whether it's Royal or Carnival! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I've read a lot more positive reviews about Oasis than Allure so maybe if we find a good price we'll give it a shot! :) I hope you enjoy your cruise in November!!

Thanks for taking the time to post your review.

Just booked the Allure for the May 7 sailing and already reserved the shows and booked the dining special for the first night, $15 per person.:D Hopefully we can dine in Chops, since it get good reviews.

So looking forward to trying the Oasis class.:)

Good! Booking ahead of time is the way to go. In hindsight we wish we would have booked the First Night Done Right because you can't beat $15pp! I'm sure you already know, but although they assign you a restaurant that night you can change it when you get on the ship. Hope you have a great time!!

Just got back from the best vacation ever !!! This was my second cruise with royal first on Allure. The diving show is must see on the ship and Matt aka piano man at the schooner bar between 10-1. Chops was by far the best meal in my life, food In dinning room was great server seemed to be running on island time little slow . Best advice is to is do zipping or rock climbing while at port less lineups overall great time money will spend booze package a must can't wait for oasis 2018 cheers happy sailing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

We were on Allure the week after the OP and felt that Samba was a total waste of money. We had 8:30 reservations because we went to see Mama Mia earlier and couldn't get 7:45 or 8PM reservations. The salad bar was almost empty, salad was about half a cup only.

The meat served to us was not that good and when it came time for the filet, the server brought 2 mini pieces of filet on a skewer for 2 people. We were offered bacon wrapped chicken and some other beef. We didn't get all the offerings that were shown on the menu we read before going onboard.

The one thing we really liked was the rolls served. They were delicious. I had told my sister how my family loves going to Texas de Brazil and how wonderful it was and Samba was going to be like that. Well, no way was it. We thought it was poor because of the time we had dinner and that there were only 2 tables with others.

I will not go there again and I think had we not had the 4 night dining package, I would have really complained. We did end up going to Chops 3x and Giovanni's once. I used my Diamond Plus BOGO for Giovanni's and we had planned to go back but had so much fun with our waiter, that we ended up going again and again.

We did have dinner 2 nights in the MDR. One was the 2nd formal night and the other was the last night. I thought both were good and the service was great.

We did some of the shows and Ocean Aria was cancelled the first night because of wind and cold weather. We did see it from our balcony though on another night. It was a great show. We also went to the ice show and loved the comedians at the comedy show. We had reservations for Blue Planet and the Headliner show, but missed both of them.

I liked Allure so much that I have convinced my family to go this coming summer. I'm sure it will be great again