Shore Excursions Aren't Loaded to Sailing or Sold Out? Help! :)

CrazyKoi

Ahoy, Cruisers!

I am so sorry to be asking so many questions on this board, tonight!

I really appreciate all of your expertise!

My husband and I booked our cruise late. (As in, we leave in 22 days, late. :eek:)

We were hoping to book an excursion on GSC (Stingray Adventure), but saw no option to do so online.

A call to the Shore Excursion Department last week revealed that it was sold out and that the best that I could do was to call and check back later, or to get on board early to get on a waiting list at the Shore Excursion Desk.

I tried calling the Shore Excursion Department back to check today and the representative that I spoke to said that, to her knowledge, most excursions for ALL the ports we are stopping at were never even loaded onto the NCL website for our sailing.

She said that she didn't know why or what I should do, other than to get on board and hope for the best.

I'm now debating on what my next steps should be as these were two very different answers from the same department.

Has anyone else experienced shore excursions simply not showing up to be booked online before a sailing?

Has anyone been on a ship and noticed excursions that were not available to be pre-booked being offered?

In your experience, does NCL typically remove shore excursions altogether from the site when they are sold out?

Do you have any suggestions as to who else I should talk to?

(Anyone with a crystal ball who can help? Lol. Sorry, I know I'm asking nearly impossible questions, but you all are my best resource!)

My plan, for now, is to try to get on board early and to inquire at the shore excursion desk, but if it is truly just sold out, I was going to look for a similar excursion at a different port.

If you were trying to trouble shoot through this small predicament, what would you do?

Thanks, as always, for all of your insight!

We have some really savvy travelers on these boards!

I appreciate you all!

My favorite excursion in Tortola did not come up to book. We and a bunch of other cc's found a company online and booked with them. Right before the cruise the company went out of business. I emailed the NCL corporate person for excursions and she emailed me back that she did not realize it wasn't on the site to book and put it up immediately. We booked with no problem. I don't know who is charge now but you might want to google it.

If shore excursions disappear, they are sold out. You can try on board, but they do not hold any for onboard booking.

The "they didn't load shore excursions on the web site" is most likely an incorrect response from the shore ex desk,,, the cruise line doesn't make money and would have to cancel excursions if they depended on onboard bookings.

On GSC, stingrays run every couple of hours with about 30 people'ish. Maybe a couple of boats of 15 people, plus a driver (small boats, wet floors, wet seats).

If you get on the tour, take your waterproof camera to film the stingrays as they swim and an up close photo of you holding one of those magnificent creatures. Also lots of star fish on the bottom that make great photos.