2005 December 17 Wind Spirit Roll Call

MiamiBob

Here is a new thread for the Windstar Wind Spirit 10 Day Christmas cruise for 12/17/05.

Itinerary: St. Thomas, St. John, Saba, Iles Des Saintes, Pigeon Island, Bridgetown, Bequia, Roseau, Virgin Gorda, St. Thomas.

This is our 4th cruise on Windstar.

We are Walter and Bob from Miami, eager to meet other booked passengers.

Walter and Bob:

I am not on your sailing, I am on the Feb 2, 06 sailing, but I have never sailed on Windstar before and since you are veterans, I was wondering if there are any tips for me-things I should not miss-things that were great about the ship or the ports

I appreciate any advise

I hope you have a great cruise!!

Nancy

Hi Nancy:

We like Windstar (this is our Windstar cruise #4) very much because of the intimate and relaxed feeling aboard. You never have to wear a tie, and certainly never black tie!

It's almost like being aboard the yacht of friend who has another 146 friends. Within a day or two most of the friendly staff know your names, and so do many of the other passengers. The Windstar boats all have a youthful can-do energy about them - the two smaller ones (Wind Spirit & Wind Star) do not have elevators, nor do they have elaborate entertainment other than the port excursions, books, vcr/dvd's, sailing, and using the ships small sail boats, kayaks and snorkle equipment.

One of our favorite times aboard is entering or leaving port - where you are welcome to observe from the bridge deck - not too far from the captain and crew – and with a little practice you feel that you could do it to!

As far as the Caribbean ports go, (they are all good mostly!) - I don’t know your itinerary, but our favorites are St. Maartin, St. Lucia, Bequia, all smaller and all easy for the smaller Windstar boats to dock or anchor close by. Our interests include sightseeing, good food/wine, beautiful scenery, some off-beat shopping, and mostly just good old walking around enjoying the unique character of each island.

Hope this helps! Let me know how you enjoyed Winstar.

Bob

Archived