Child Custody Paperwork???

ncfd32

Ok, even though I *think* I have all my ducks in a row, I'm freaking out a little.... About two years ago, I was awarded sole custody of my daughter after her Father had a car accident and DUI while en route to pick her up for their weekly visitation. Prior to the accident, we had joint custody. The last cruise we were on was 4 years ago and he had to give me written permission. I'm really hoping that RCL isn't going to require that this time around. I have her passport and all the legal paperwork that specifies I have sole custody. That's got to be enough right? We leave 1/29!

Thanks,

Leslie

Yes, you will be fine. I have sole legal/physical custody of my child and have gone on many cruises with him- I have NEVER been asked for anything! I do travel with passports and a copy of the legal paperwork (just in case). Before I had sole custody (father out of the picture with little contact), I cruised with no permission form from him and was never asked a thing on Carnival, Royal, Princess, Disney, and NCL.

JinxyB is correct. I always brought my kids birth certificates, passports and a copy of the court order but all they ever needed was the passport. Even though I changes my name, only once was I asked for any other documentation. This was not for a cruise but immigration for foreign travel.