FTTF Port Arrival time ??

mrsfuzzmo

We have FTTF. It is also giving us a port arrival time of 12:00 - 1:00. We would like to arrive earlier. If we have FTTF can we arrive anytime? Why would we purchase FTTF if we can't board right away?

I understand port arrivals and how they work. Have just never done it with FTTF. If FTTF are allowed in right away after Plat and Diamond, etc. then can we arrive earlier and board at the earliest time?

Thanks everyone. That's what I was hoping but then when they said boarding between 12 and 1 pm I was confused. I know that 12 noon is the usual "official" boarding time, but usually arrive around 11 am.

We will go early as usual and board when we can! Thanks!

Avabelle, if you are leaving in two weeks from Long Beach, you may be on the same cruise as my husband and I (to Catalina and Ensenada on Inspiration). My Cruise Details show check-in time 12PM-12:30PM (I believe that I specified it online; it was the earliest time available) and My Booking Summary shows boarding time 1PM-4:30PM. I assume that they will want to have everybody on the ship by 4:30 for the 5:30 departure.

This is our first cruise with Carnival and we don't have FTTF. I have no idea what are the rules for the FTTF holders. Are the check-in and boarding times with FTTF still earlier? I assumed that if we have an early check in time, we would be among the first to board, but I am O.K. with people who paid for the FTTF boarding ahead of us. The FTTF adds an interesting twist, but I am just looking forward to the cruise!

We have FTTF. It is also giving us a port arrival time of 12:00 - 1:00. We would like to arrive earlier. If we have FTTF can we arrive anytime? Why would we purchase FTTF if we can't board right away?

I understand port arrivals and how they work. Have just never done it with FTTF. If FTTF are allowed in right away after Plat and Diamond, etc. then can we arrive earlier and board at the earliest time?

You can arrive earlier than your 12:00 - 1:00 time.

Check in time depends on the port. Some are as early as 10:30. With FTTF, you can arrive before 12-1:00. If they are allowing people in, you can go right in and check in. Then you will have to sit and wait until they clear the ship to board. When boarding starts, Platinum/Diamond, wedding parties and people that need assistance go first in that order. Then FTTF. After that, they start calling zones. (Without being one of the above, when you check in, they put "X" amount of people into zones. As soon as one zone has boarded, the call another zone number). Hope this clears it up for you.

Just remember that checking in and boarding the ship are two completely different things. There are many things that can hold up boarding even though you are already checked in.

Check in time depends on the port. Some are as early as 10:30. With FTTF, you can arrive before 12-1:00. If they are allowing people in, you can go right in and check in. Then you will have to sit and wait until they clear the ship to board. When boarding starts, Platinum/Diamond, wedding parties and people that need assistance go first in that order. Then FTTF. After that, they start calling zones. (Without being one of the above, when you check in, they put "X" amount of people into zones. As soon as one zone has boarded, the call another zone number). Hope this clears it up for you.

Just remember that checking in and boarding the ship are two completely different things. There are many things that can hold up boarding even though you are already checked in.

Yes, clearly understood, as I will be sailing on my 18th and 19th cruises this year.

Just wasn't sure about the arrival time. Both of my next two cruises are on Carnival and depart from Miami.

In two weeks I sail on the Vista....no FTTF, but we have a port arrival time of 11:00 am. We plan on arriving shortly before that time and know we will have to wait a bit.

In June with a family of 15 we have the FTTF but arrival time of 12 -1, so we again will arrive shortly before 11:00 am in hopes of boarding when available.

Thanks for all the help everyone!