Carnival Elation Wedding Photos!!

makeese

We just got back from our wedding cruise on the Carnival Elation to the Bahamas. We were lucky enough to have 40 guests attend our cruise wedding. We were married on the 7th while at port in Nassau and I couldn't have asked for a better day. The weather was amazing, the food was amazing and the wedding department and on-board staff were awesome. We were supposed to receive chocolate covered strawberries with our bottle of champagne and never received our strawberries. It was also formal night in the seated dinning area which made it even more perfect.

Congratulations!! Sorry you didn't get your strawberries (to be honest, I ordered them for a romantic surprise on our last cruise and they weren't that great. You didn't miss much in my opinion).

Glad to hear the wedding cooperated and your wedding was wonderful. Do you mind if I ask if you spent much time with your guests during the cruise and how easy or difficult it was to get everyone together? We're only doing a 3 day cruise for our wedding in September and have 34 guests booked already.

Congratulations!! Sorry you didn't get your strawberries (to be honest, I ordered them for a romantic surprise on our last cruise and they weren't that great. You didn't miss much in my opinion).

Glad to hear the wedding cooperated and your wedding was wonderful. Do you mind if I ask if you spent much time with your guests during the cruise and how easy or difficult it was to get everyone together? We're only doing a 3 day cruise for our wedding in September and have 34 guests booked already.

I actually spent a good amount of time with our guests. If the boat was any bigger, I think it would have been an issue. We had regular bars that we would go to so you pretty much saw the majority throughout the day. There were some guests that I barely saw but I think that's because they wanted to do their own thing. I felt at times that I was always looking for certain people but they are there for you and you shouldn't be chasing them.

I actually spent a good amount of time with our guests. If the boat was any bigger, I think it would have been an issue. We had regular bars that we would go to so you pretty much saw the majority throughout the day. There were some guests that I barely saw but I think that's because they wanted to do their own thing. I felt at times that I was always looking for certain people but they are there for you and you shouldn't be chasing them.

Thank you! I'm thinking I want to plan a few activities and let people know where we will be. We're hoping our cruising guest list stays between 75-100. We decided to only do a 3 day weekend cruise out of a port that's within an hour or two drive for most of our guests so that it would be easy for everyone to join us. We're not considering this a "honeymoon" but more of an extended reception because we are planning on spending a lot of time with our guests (I've always been jealous of cultures that spend a week celebrating weddings!).

I just hope I'm not getting in over my head and it doesn't become overwhelming [emoji15]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Any tips on ow the best/economical/easiest way to tell my guest where and how to book a room for the cruise? Or any best practices?

Who did you book your cruise with? I booked ours through my PVP. I was nervous because I was assigned a new one and our wedding cruise is the first cruise we booked with her, but she has been AMAZING. When I told her we were booking the cruise for our wedding she was probably more excited about it than I was at the time (I was a little stressed and overwhelmed, not knowing where to start). She connected me with the wedding department so I could ask my questions and put a hold on our cruise to make sure we could get our wedding day before booking.

I have requested my guests book through her and she has emailed me every time someone has booked to provide me the booking and cabin numbers. She has offered to keep a list of everyone, and since our guests are booking early saver rates she is also checking for sales and price drops. I'm keeping my own list and checking as well, I've been reassigned PVP's a few times so I want to have my own list just in case she leaves. But she has really been on top of emailing me when there are sales or reduced deposits. There was a sale about a week ago that she told me about and just ask that I call her to go through the list of guests, she let me know exactly which ones were saving money or getting OBC and processed the price adjustments while we were on the phone. She is also encouraging our guests to book in the same area so we're not spread out all over the ship.

She had been a blessing. I highly recommend asking your PVP or TA to help if you are inviting a lot of people, it has taken so much stress off of my shoulders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Ok yeah I think that's what's going to be the best option. I was looking through Expedia and some other sites and they appeared to be somewhat cheaper. I am going on the carnival inspiration too for the 3 day cruise. I can't wait! I'm going to try and go do the tour of the ship since I live really close to the port! So are you almost ready for everything??

Ok yeah I think that's what's going to be the best option. I was looking through Expedia and some other sites and they appeared to be somewhat cheaper. I am going on the carnival inspiration too for the 3 day cruise. I can't wait! I'm going to try and go do the tour of the ship since I live really close to the port! So are you almost ready for everything??

We picked the Inspiration 3 day cruise for the same reason! We live in Orange County and have a lot of friends and family in the Redlands area so this quickie cruise is easy for everyone to drive to and requires very little time off work. Not as glamorous as a Caribbean getaway, but we decided we would rather be surrounded by more loved ones and save the Caribbean for the honeymoon.

Our wedding isn't until September, when is yours? It's going to be so nice having another bride with the same ship and sailing on this forum!

So far we have Save the Dates out, invitations are ordered, we've asked our bridal party, and we are starting to put together and decide on welcome bags/wedding favors.

And I've done a whooooole lot of pinteresting. [emoji23]

I booked through carnival since I had a group booking. If the prices of the cruise drop, have your guests call Carnival and they will price match. We chose a certain section of the boat that had the most staterooms available. Most of our guests booked around our stateroom.

Mine is October!!! I've been super Pinterest ig I'm thinking about doing just pearl bouquets! They actually just changed the packages now too. They are actually more of an al a cart. Ho Do you have Ig?? If you want to add me my name is ramerlm!

Did you get married on land while in port or on the ship? I'm getting married on the beach in Grand Cayman and I'm trying to figure out the logistics of how it all works. What was the timing like? Did you have time to take pictures with your bridal party in between the ceremony and reception? How long was the photographer with you for? I have a ton of questions actually, haha. Any help or advice you have to offer would be wonderful. My wedding cruise is in August.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! You mayyy be my lifesaver. We're set to get married on the Elation in November of this year and I couldn't find anyone who experienced the cruise/ wedding process with that ship before. So I'm sorry for the questions!!

First off: you look fabulous! Love the dress!!

How as the ship?

How was the day of the wedding? (did you have issues getting your hair done? was there a coordinator to help usher everyone to where they needed to be?)

What time was your wedding? (We're trying to have ours as close to dinner as possible, so we can go from ceremony, to 2 hour reception, to dinner, to bar)

Also, piggybacking off of that last question, how were the bars? I know on most ships there's always a few popular bars and then one that's kind of off to the side. We were going to try to take over one of the less crowded bars.

How was getting everyone together on the ship? So far we have 11 cabins booked, but I'm expecting about 10 more booked by the time the cruise gets here... does the Carnival ship have like a "cabin to cabin text" feature so we can send out mass "hey! meet us here!" messages?

How were the decorations?

ANNNND do you have more pictures?? :)

Again, I'm sorry!!

Mine is October!!! I've been super Pinterest ig I'm thinking about doing just pearl bouquets! They actually just changed the packages now too. They are actually more of an al a cart. Ho Do you have Ig?? If you want to add me my name is ramerlm!

Have you had any luck finding pictures for the Elation? Mine is a month after yours! :)