Minors in nearby cabin with moved suite reservations

abbyar

They are not going to let you on the ship with those kids unless an adult is registered in their room. And then that adult will not have Haven privileges.

Please stop sharing inaccurate information. Your information is wrong. I'm asking Debbie (djmess). She has mentioned nothing about being moved cabins at check in.

Hi, abbyar

I'm currently on the Epic and was in your same situation. I have wasted more time on this Cruise chatting with concierge, hotel director is totally inept and will not speak to me in person I've written letters, they've emailed corporate and no, Capital NO the people in the inside cabin do not get Haven access at all.

We have been totally screwed over by Norwegian because we booked so far in advance at such a good price it was their way of not honoring everything that we had originally reserved.

I will also say we got off the MSC Divina the day before we boarded the Epic the people on that ship could not have done anything more to show us the absolute best an amazing time. We were given a tour of their Yacht Club as we were only staying in an apt balcony and not the yacht club they just bent over backwards to show us everything that they had to offer. So after getting such amazing service on that ship and then coming to the Epic and having probably the worst service I've ever had on a Norwegian Cruise Line ship I'm very disappointed.

What makes things almost even worse in my situation is I am in the new category Platinum Plus. Loyalty is not something this Cruise Line recognizes anymore they only recognize dollar signs. I earned my Platinum Plus points traveling inside, Ocean View, and balcony cabins. I have only ever booked 3 suites and I have over three hundred and thirty points.

If you can get some kind of documentation from Norwegian saying your kids will have sweet access and perks I advise you do that before you board the ship otherwise they get nothing. Good luck to you and I hope that you get what we were unable to

We were in the same boat (forgive the pun), booked early 2015 from the Star to the Jade and then displaced to either the EPIC or the DAWN,, they gave me the same choice for 6 of us , from a suite in the STAR, to a 2 bedroom suite non haven in the Jade to either a Haven room for 2 people and 4 of my family in an inside room, or the DAWN still in a 2 bedroom suite,, it was a no brainer for me,,, even if i just got off the Dawn last september. Because the other option was just not gonna work, they told me the same thing that my family staying in the inside room won't have all the suite perks that we originally booked for, and that was the best perks then,,,full UDP for all 6 of us, UBP for 2 and soda for all,,free $400 OBC and gratuities for first 2 pax.. they wouldn't upgrade to a 2 BR in a haven of course since we didn't spend all that money..so we are making the best of this trip, we are leaving this sunday and will try to enjoy staying in this room since with NCL really jacking up all the suite prices, we will never be able to afford a suite anymore. plus no more family sail free, only for very limited sailings,,,for those displaced, we have to make the best of what other option was left to us that is workable,,, I'm just thankful we were able to work it out for us,,

Please stop sharing inaccurate information. Your information is wrong. I'm asking Debbie (djmess). She has mentioned nothing about being moved cabins at check in.

I'm sorry, I can't give you a definite answer. Although my situation was similar to yours, it was slightly different. We had a total of 5 passengers and we put Grandma in the cabin with the 2 kids.

Now at check-in, grandma boarded about 2 hours before us. They did allow us to check in the boys through the Haven area where we checked in.

I did finally have a meeting with the hotel director this evening. I had written him a lengthy note. He talked about having to follow what comes from Miami and Miami said they would not honor suite perks for passengers not in suite.

I also told the hotel director that he would more than likely be meeting another family next week after I disembark that was promised the same things I was by the re accommodations department. I even have everyone the name of the supervisor I worked with during the process.

I think a large problem is the way Norwegian changes policies and never considers what they have previously allowed for older bookings that have not sailed.

I know for a fact in 2010, 2011 and 2012 that Norwegian allowed me to book my then 7, then 8 and then 9 y/o son in a studio cabin next to the studio cabin I stayed in. So yes Norwegian has allowed minor children to be checked into a cabin not occupied by an adult.

I wish I had better answers for you and I'm very sorry that you have to go through this stress. I just hope some of this will help you to get things worked out prior to boarding.

My biggest suggestion is to get in an email or recorded conversation anything that is told to you by Norwegian. Get, first and last names, extension numbers, departments and only talk with supervisors or upper management

The Dawn is sailing out of New Orleans. We needed to sail out of a Florida port.

Hey, feel free to email me. I'd be happy to pass on your info to the hotel director. Maybe that can help you.

I've also been in contact with some higher up people in NCL, maybe I can get you to them.

I want you guys to have a nice vacation. I was stressed for a few days and that just is not positive, do if I can help at all, I will try.

We were in the same boat (forgive the pun), booked early 2015 from the Star to the Jade and then displaced to either the EPIC or the DAWN,, they gave me the same choice for 6 of us , from a suite in the STAR, to a 2 bedroom suite non haven in the Jade to either a Haven room for 2 people and 4 of my family in an inside room, or the DAWN still in a 2 bedroom suite,, it was a no brainer for me,,, even if i just got off the Dawn last september. Because the other option was just not gonna work, they told me the same thing that my family staying in the inside room won't have all the suite perks that we originally booked for, and that was the best perks then,,,full UDP for all 6 of us, UBP for 2 and soda for all,,free $400 OBC and gratuities for first 2 pax.. they wouldn't upgrade to a 2 BR in a haven of course since we didn't spend all that money..so we are making the best of this trip, we are leaving this sunday and will try to enjoy staying in this room since with NCL really jacking up all the suite prices, we will never be able to afford a suite anymore. plus no more family sail free, only for very limited sailings,,,for those displaced, we have to make the best of what other option was left to us that is workable,,, I'm just thankful we were able to work it out for us,,

I was told EVERYONE would have suite privileges! So different people told different things