Bringing alcohol on board in Dubai

Maksim

Need some advise on the subject when embarking in Dubai. I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine at the embarkation port. Does anyone know if it's different sailing from Dubai? Planning on putting it in the luggage as we are flying from LA. Thank you for any information.

Need some advise on the subject when embarking in Dubai. I know we can bring 2 bottles of wine at the embarkation port. Does anyone know if it's different sailing from Dubai? Planning on putting it in the luggage as we are flying from LA. Thank you for any information.

You can still bring on the two bottles of wine if your initial embarkation is in Dubai.

Thank you so much. What about hard liquor, such as scotch? Anyone tried to smuggle it on board? I wonder how strict they are on this and if it's in the luggage, how can they tell if this is wine or something else?

Helen.

Thank you so much. What about hard liquor, such as scotch? Anyone tried to smuggle it on board? I wonder how strict they are on this and if it's in the luggage, how can they tell if this is wine or something else?

Helen.

The use x-ray machines on the luggage. If the suspect alcohol, they will hold your luggage in security, ask you to come down and open it, and confiscate any hard liquor they find.

Not only can you bring it from Dubai - the Dubai Duty Free has a terrific selection of premium wines. If you want to buy it in Dubai rather than bring it from home, the Duty Free is the best place. It can be very difficult and expensive to purchase a bottle of wine/alcohol in Dubai ( outside of the airport) . Plus, if you are in Dubai during any of the religious holidays, the city is dry and there is NO place to get any wine or alcohol, not even a glass of wine or a beer.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Not only can you bring it from Dubai - the Dubai Duty Free has a terrific selection of premium wines. If you want to buy it in Dubai rather than bring it from home, the Duty Free is the best place. It can be very difficult and expensive to purchase a bottle of wine/alcohol in Dubai ( outside of the airport) . Plus, if you are in Dubai during any of the religious holidays, the city is dry and there is NO place to get any wine or alcohol, not even a glass of wine or a beer.

enjoy

M

Is there a duty free shop in port prior to boarding?

The duty free is at the airport, after you go through customs. There was NO duty free at the cruise port ( or at the cruise port that was used in May 2015) .

Are you spending any time in Dubai? We had three days pre cruise - I wish we had spent more time there.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

The duty free is at the airport, after you go through customs. There was NO duty free at the cruise port ( or at the cruise port that was used in May 2015) .

Are you spending any time in Dubai? We had three days pre cruise - I wish we had spent more time there.

M

Thank you, Cruisegirl1. We are staying in Dubai pre-cruise. I was thinking to buy some wine to take onboard at the duty free rather than carry in the luggage from US. That's about it. Usually cruise lines have duty free prior to boarding. The airport study free shops are usually in the departure area. Have not seen any at the arrival level, but we never been to Dubai, that's why I asked.

Can't miss the duty-free after customs. You have to walk by it to get to the taxi area. We bought an extra bottle just to have in our hotel room. Alcohol is difficult to buy anywhere in Dubai. Basically the only place you can get it is in a restaurant/bar associated with a hotel. I don't believe there are any freestanding liquor stores. As I recall, there is no shopping around the port area and no duty-free inside the port. Sounds like perhaps you have cruised from Barcelona with a big duty-free inside the terminal. Nothing like that in Dubai.

Enjoy Dubai. We found the area to be fascinating.

Safe travels.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Can't miss the duty-free after customs. You have to walk by it to get to the taxi area. We bought an extra bottle just to have in our hotel room. Alcohol is difficult to buy anywhere in Dubai. Basically the only place you can get it is in a restaurant/bar associated with a hotel. I don't believe there are any freestanding liquor stores. As I recall, there is no shopping around the port area and no duty-free inside the port. Sounds like perhaps you have cruised from Barcelona with a big duty-free inside the terminal. Nothing like that in Dubai.

Enjoy Dubai. We found the area to be fascinating.

Safe travels.

M

Great. Thank you so much. I got the picture.