New Years Cruise

havinfuninthesun

On the home page of cruise critic, on the left hand side, find the holiday topic. It might say. Also check the website for your cruise line. I've read a press release about what Princess does for the holidays on their website. Maybe someone on your roll call might know from last year.

We were on Grand Princess over New Year's this year. What a party! Most people dressed up formally, and every public area of the ship had a party going on, even on the open decks. I have NEVER seen so much champagne being consumed! Nor have I ever seen a ship so trashed with streamers, empty bottles, and all the other fun stuff that seems to be laying around when a good party has taken place. Everyone had a ball. The next morning, you wouldn't have known such a huge party had occurred - the ship was spotless.

Hi:

This is a question for spongerob. We're booked on the Dawn Princess for this NY Eve sailing and although we've sailed with Carnival and RCI for NY Eve, we've not sailed with Princess for NY Eve (although this will be our 6th sailing on Princess). When I asked the question about free champagne on Princess for NY Eve sailing; I was told by someone that they do not serve free champange for NY Eve....is this true? On our Carnival NY Eve sailing several years ago, they only had it to buy; and our RCL NY Eve sailing, it was free. Just wondering.....thanks.

Happy Cruising.....Buddy

Cruise #35 in one month.

• 1 month later...

With our cruise leaving on New Years Eve...

I wanted to hear from others who have cruised over New Years...

What all will happen on the ship?

Do they provide stuff to celebrate with??

How about fireworks??

JB

This will be our 5th New Years cruise, this year on NCL's Majesty. We have always had free champaigne on the deck- beginning around 11-11:30. On one ship they FILLED a hot tub with ice and that's how they chilled the champaigne! You get hats at dinner and also get noise makers. Seen Times Square on one ship's deck, another had its own ball dropping. Evreyone will be dancing and having a ball - you included! No fireworks though unless you can see them at a port. One cruise we left Cozumel at 10PM as they new if we waited until midnight, when we were supoosed to leave, too many people would miss the ship at Carlos & Charlies!

Know you'll have a Happy New year!!!

Archived