"Dancing of the Ships"

js

I have a little theory with this whole sudden unexpected moving of the ships- If you read it closely, the magic is will do 7 day western and eastern cruises in September 2018 from Miami. That's around the time Horizon should be finishing her time in Europe. Notice how none of the ships in Miami will be doing the alternating 6 day western and 8 day southern Caribbean cruises that vista and breeze did.

My theory is Horizon is going to Miami and will simply pick up for the Vista on the 6 & 8 day voyages. Carnival has had that pattern where every new ship goes to Miami and does those 6 and 8 day sailings. And I have a feeling something is will happen with the Glory because she's been there for so many years, so they're obviously probably planning to send her elsewhere to spice things up (maybe here to the West Coast to take over for Splendor when she leaves us for Australia?) and the Magic will just take over for Glory with those sailings.

Just a little theory that I've been thinking of

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I'm pretty sure the Horizon will go to Miami and pick up those 6 and 8 days itineraries. Just like the Vista did when the Breeze moved. I don't really get it. I'm going on the Vista but I don't think either of the itineraries are all that special. I was excited for Horizon but not if it's going to do those same 6 and 8 day runs. I'll stick with Port Canaveral. Never been on the Breeze. And hope something out of NY is offered next Summer. Not 4 day cruises either. Ugh!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I have a little theory with this whole sudden unexpected moving of the ships- If you read it closely, the magic is will do 7 day western and eastern cruises in September 2018 from Miami. That's around the time Horizon should be finishing her time in Europe. Notice how none of the ships in Miami will be doing the alternating 6 day western and 8 day southern Caribbean cruises that vista and breeze did.

My theory is Horizon is going to Miami and will simply pick up for the Vista on the 6 & 8 day voyages. Carnival has had that pattern where every new ship goes to Miami and does those 6 and 8 day sailings. And I have a feeling something is will happen with the Glory because she's been there for so many years, so they're obviously probably planning to send her elsewhere to spice things up (maybe here to the West Coast to take over for Splendor when she leaves us for Australia?) and the Magic will just take over for Glory with those sailings.

Just a little theory that I've been thinking of

OH!!! No not the GLORY !! She is my favorite ship I love her I don't care is they take the Vista.

If I remember correctly they had a Conquest class ship there for a bit and guess that didnt sell well so replaced with older ship.

That's unfortunate because the ports are so good. I guess the cost of air fare to SJ is a big deterrent to most. We're looking at the Fascination for our annual Fall cruise but everyone is a little iffy on the ship. We've even looked at Royal Caribbean but interiors start at about $150 more and we like to try and keep it in everyone's budget since there's usually 14-25 of us.

If I was going to bet on what was going to happen I would say Horizon will do her TA in May, summer in New York with a few sailings possibly from Boston, then come down to Miami to take up the 6/8 run probably in October.

Edited by jasong38501

That's my question also. The Splendor is based in Long Beach for 2018. When she leaves, what ship will replace her?

I'm wondering the same too, very curious to see what we'll get here on the West Coast once Splendor leaves us. Norwegian is sending a brand new ship to Alaska so maybe Carnival may want to compete and might send a bigger newer ship here? It'll be very interesting to see what'll happen for us West Coasters

I thought it was odd that the Miracle got some 2.0 upgrades like Red Frog, Alchemy, but not Guy's or Blue Iguana.

Some say the reason Miracle didn't get all the upgrades was because she was originally going to go to China once she finished her time here in SoCal, but plans have changed. I'm glad she's not going to China, I'm just really bummed about Splendor leaving the fleet

Hi.

Last night on a face group I read that today was going to be changes with the ships and their departure ports. I thought someone posted that John H said this but now not sure.

I sailed Breeze last year out of Miami but remember right after we booked and got air, they moved her to TX shortly after our sailing.

I'm sailing Vista out of Miami in a Havana Cabana Suite in February 2018 and hoping it doesn't move.

Did anyone else hear about changes today?

Thanks.

Try Galveston.

Considering Galveston currently has two conquest class ships and one Dream class ship, would it be out of line to think that with the coming of Vista that they would replace Freedom with Dream? Ending up with a conquest class running 4 and 5 day, dream class and Vista class running 7 days?