Cruise excursion or private

thegoodlife247

We want to go snorkeling when we are in St. Kitts. The price of the ships excursion is the same as the private excursion. Private excursion also includes a light lunch and a stop on the beach at Nevis. I would prefer to book the private because of the additional amenities but I am concerned about something going wrong and not getting back to the ship in time. Help me decide or alleviate my fears..

Take the ship excursion

I was in the Caribbean in November. We had several delays due to excursions being late and there were several mishaps. Had they not been official ship excursions I doubt if the ship would have waited

If there is not much difference in price and content I would stick with official tours in the Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Check out the other thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2441192

..and the price is not the same. $95 for Leeward Island and $125 for Carnival's...with much less time on the tour. And from what we saw - 80-90 people per boat on ship's tour.....shoulder to shoulder. On our Leeward there were 19 people! They make their living running these charters, They aren't going to be late getting back.

Edited by satbeachbill

I am in the same "boat" for my upcoming Disney cruise. I have booked the ship excursion for now just in case, but have also booked directly with Leeward for a much better price and longer tour time. I have no hesitation with booking with Leeward since I prefer to book excursions outside the cruise line and often do, except that leeward requires a minimum of 12 people which I worry about not happening. Hence why I've booked the ship tour as a backup. But as long as we easily meet the minimum (they promised to keep me in the loop) we are absolutely going with them and have no other concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi we are going to Europe for the first time and every one is telling us to book private tours except a few mentioned not to. We were told the port is 1.5 hours away and the traffic and roads are horrible and not to chance a private tour. Can I get some feedback from anyone and your opinions? We were thinking about using Rome in a Limo

Cinban as Paul said this is the st. Kitts forum not Rome, so you would want to post your question on the Rome forum. However I can answer your question as I did a Med cruise 3 years ago and I did all private excursions for every port including Rome. Yes the city is far from the port, a little less than 1.5 hours each way but the roads were fine and we had no worries. We got back to ship in plenty of time. We used Easitalytours and it was great and highly rated as is Rome In Limo. They are used to taking Cruise passengers and make sure you are back in time. It was amazing having just the 2 of us on our own private tour getting to see so much more than the huge cruise herds on the ship tours following around like cattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums