Two ?'s Chankanaab sellouts & Price of Mexican blankets

Familygoboston

I've got a trip to Cozumel coming up and have two questions for recent visitors (I haven't been in a couple of years.)

1- Has anyone gone to Chankanaab on their own recently...not through a ship tour? I hope to do this, but am worried with 8 (EIGHT!!! :eek:) ships in port, I'm worried they will sell out the park with ship shore excursions. Has anyone had experiences with going on their own in a taxi and being turned away. We are only going for beach, snorkel, walking around, not to do the animal encounters.

2-Also, I'm going to bring home Mexican blankets for my yoga class, does anyone have an idea of the prices of the blankets these days? I know if I buy a bunch I can negotiate them down a bit, but wanted to get an idea of what prices you've seen in that little market place by the dock so i can let the ladies know what they can expect for a price.

Thanks a zillion!

The Mexican blankets cost around $20 - $30 at the port area (International Pier). If you use cash you can usually get a bit off the price. If paying by credit card, some of the vendors calculate the US$ price to Pesos and then charge your card in Pesos.

We found the duty free shop , at the port, to be reasonably priced and were competitive to the vendors around the port area.

But we did not head into the town and see the local vendors. So Igbo be less expensive

We purchased some on our last cruise there, and are planning to get some more in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Valiamo

The Mexican blankets cost around $20 - $30 at the port area (International Pier). If you use cash you can usually get a bit off the price. If paying by credit card, some of the vendors calculate the US$ price to Pesos and then charge your card in Pesos.

We found the duty free shop , at the port, to be reasonably priced and were competitive to the vendors around the port area.

But we did not head into the town and see the local vendors. So Igbo be less expensive

We purchased some on our last cruise there, and are planning to get some more in 2 weeks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Whaaaat?! That's insane, they were 2 for $ 20 last time I was there, or $15 each. On Amazon they are $18.95-$30 depending on the color. They must be buying them on Amazon and selling the to the tourists :p I'll offer 20-$25 bucks for 4 and see if I can get them for $30 or $35, if not I'll just tell the ladies in yoga they are better off ordering from Amazon.

Thanks for the update! I liked that shop with all the crafts, the art work there was pretty decently made!