Ideas on what to do post cruise in Ft. Lauderdale

TardisDance

Since a Sunday flight out of FLL would been more costly, my DH and I decided to stay in a hotel 1 night post cruise. Check-in isn't until 3 pm, and we are looking to kill some time. We could pay $30 for early check-in but hey, who really wants to hang out at the hotel all day?

I'm trying to weigh in the options since we'll have luggage with us -

1. I saw a recent review that Carrie B cruises lets you have your luggage with you, so we could disembark at around 9 and hopefully take a cab/uber car to make it at the 11 am tour then head to our hotel, drop off luggage and grab lunch nearby.

2. Take one of the ship excursions and then get dropped off at FLL. Our hotel has airport pick-up so we could catch one of their vans there. It doesn't say on the excursions site, but will Celebrity drop you off at your hotel if requested?

We try to avoid driving while on vacation (we both find it stressful) so renting a car is out for us. Does anyone have ideas on anything else we could do?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't imagine wanting to drag my luggage with me on a sightseeing cruise...

You could ask the hotel if you can drop your bags off in the morning, and claim them when return to check in. I've done this in the past when visiting other cities.