First Upgrade Fairy Call Ever!

ourcruiseyears

After all these years, finally our first upgrade fairy call today! We sail on Pride from Tampa on Sunday. Left early today to start a mini vacation. Cell phone rings and I see the call is from Florida. Could it be!? Figured it was most likely about a refund issue we have with them right now. Lo and behold, it was the upgrade fairy! We were offered an 8K extended balcony for what a 4D interior stateroom was going for today. We happened to bring an extra $500 Carnival gift card with us so you bet we whipped that out and jumped all over it! So excited, I could not wait to come share our good news!

Sounds like a terrific deal. But I thought an upgrade is when it's complimentary and an upsell when you pay.

I was offered an upgrade from an interior to a 6C Oceanview for just $70. The regular price would be a couple hundreds. Even though we had to pay the $70, I consider it an upgrade because of the savings (an upgrade for only $70).

This was one room 4 people and the price is covers everyone.

Edited by Jamericannn

Not sure why people feel the need to correct from upgrade to up sell. But then I'm also confused when someone feels the need to correct a grammar error on here like you're vs your.

Congrats on upgrading your room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure why people feel the need to correct from upgrade to up sell. But then I'm also confused when someone feels the need to correct a grammar error on here like you're vs your.

You're vs. your is a spelling error and not a grammar error.

Edited by cruise pup

Maybe because accuracy should count on some things in life.