Scubagirl-help with a unique opportunity cruising to Nassau

bguppies

Many time visitor to your amazing island and have tried many different things each visit.

Blue Lagoon, self guided walking tour (twice), Ardastra Gardens, the Graycliff, Atlantis (blah) etc...

Will be visiting Nassau on Thursday Jan. 26th on the Elation.

But the first, is, we will be the only ship in port that day and a tiny one at that. (2,600 pax)

I figure this will give me a rare opportunity to experience Nassau, as close to natural as possible.

Looks like we are in port from 8AM-5PM.

I was looking at one of two scenarios.

1) Am traveling with my Wife's entire family for my brother in law's 50th birthday. Was thinking of taking her elderly parents (and whoever else might want to go) on a carriage tour or taxi tour to the main sites and to see the area's churches. (they love to see beautiful churches)

They can't do much walking, so it would have to be mostly ride, with maybe quick stops at the churches.

Any suggestions you might have for churches to see (I remember Christ Church and St. Andrews off the top of my head) or maybe a guide we can get to drive us around and stop occasionally.

2) If no one feels like getting off the boat, what should I try to see on my own, that might be better enjoyed by the lacks of throngs of cruiseship pax flooding the town. (I have no mobility issues, so walking tour is no problem. Pier to Fincastle to Graycliff to BCH has been no problem in the heat, so January should be delightful)

I'd appreciate any and all ideas you can throw my way to show some people how great Nassau is if you get out away from the pier and experience it.

Many time visitor to your amazing island and have tried many different things each visit.

Blue Lagoon, self guided walking tour (twice), Ardastra Gardens, the Graycliff, Atlantis (blah) etc...

Will be visiting Nassau on Thursday Jan. 26th on the Elation.

But the first, is, we will be the only ship in port that day and a tiny one at that. (2,600 pax)

I figure this will give me a rare opportunity to experience Nassau, as close to natural as possible.

Looks like we are in port from 8AM-5PM.

I was looking at one of two scenarios.

1) Am traveling with my Wife's entire family for my brother in law's 50th birthday. Was thinking of taking her elderly parents (and whoever else might want to go) on a carriage tour or taxi tour to the main sites and to see the area's churches. (they love to see beautiful churches)

They can't do much walking, so it would have to be mostly ride, with maybe quick stops at the churches.

Any suggestions you might have for churches to see (I remember Christ Church and St. Andrews off the top of my head) or maybe a guide we can get to drive us around and stop occasionally.

2) If no one feels like getting off the boat, what should I try to see on my own, that might be better enjoyed by the lacks of throngs of cruiseship pax flooding the town. (I have no mobility issues, so walking tour is no problem. Pier to Fincastle to Graycliff to BCH has been no problem in the heat, so January should be delightful)

I'd appreciate any and all ideas you can throw my way to show some people how great Nassau is if you get out away from the pier and experience it.

Sorry - I'm not allowed to make recommendations on this website. I suggest you go to the TripAdvisor site and check out the "things to do" section, or post your question there as well. It's a very friendly and informative crowd.